Its Monday 6-27-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had one hot and humid weekend here in the Delaware Valley. Saturday was brutal. We started the morning out with a Yard Sale at home. It did not go well as we made less than a $100.00 for the first time ever. It is amazing how cheap people want things. They only want valuable antiques for a dollar. I can’t believe how many people thought 25 cents was too much for a book that I paid $7.99 for a couple months ago. After the Yard Sale we went to our Little League Fun Day. The kids had a great time with the moon bounces and water slides. We also filled up on hamburgers, hot dogs, and lots of water ice. Sunday was much more subdued with only a trip to the Norristown Zoo. We also began packing for vacation which is 7 days a way.

I got a good amount of modeling done. I got the final coat of paint on the Farmers Cooperative grain elevator and also peeled the paint in places. I began installing the window glazing. I even had time to work on the Farm House Diorama where I removed some of the foam and re-shaped the drainage ditch along the tracks. I also added the plaster soaked paper towels to the ditch. I even ran a few trains ,although, I never did run the new Chessie SD9.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Finally started packing... Trains will probably not see the light of day until we get to the new house, hopefully sometime in the Fall :(

In the meantime, will do some research/reading, and planning/scheming! ;)

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Let's see, I did get to work my backdrop over a bit. I thought the mountains were a bit too small so I enlarged them and gave my wife less than a plesant surprise when I messed up a good shirt doing it.:eek::eek: Well, I now have another "painting shirt" in the closet, if I'd only put one on before I start painting I'd be a lot better off....:D

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Not too much this weekend for me, the ole body just needed some rest I guess. Fiddled around with a few engines, I think I'm stretching myself too far on the engine projects, need to work on one at a time, tend to forget where I'm at with each.

Trains did run, which was nice in the cool basement with it so hot & humid this weekend.-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!-
wave.gif

C

Catt

I got the roadbed down on the first 4' corner (exNTRAK) module.

I also started removing the branchline from the first 4' straight module.current plans call for a "Rails To Trails" section starting on the one straight module and curving around to exit the 4'corner module on the back edge.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Ddin't get to work on my diorama like I wanted to, but I did clean up the layout for future track. Not a total loss.

I did get to rest alittle, which was needed so I can attack the next 100 RR projects.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent saturday down at the club, running trains at an open house that we had for the public. We also had a small swap-meet and I bought a couple old Model railroaders that I was mising out of my collection. Sunday I finished the rest of my base groung cover on the logging area. Now I really have to make some trees, it now looks like I've clear-cut the section already!
I also started to tear apart the doodlebug that I've been kitbashing. I sliped the cassis and trucks underneath it and discouvered it was much too high, so I have to cut the floor out and lower the body down on it.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I did some more work on the exo HO layout, with the rest of the boys, the four of us actualy got together in the same place, at the same time,(saturday). spent some time with the one I have been neglecting a bit latly, it was good to catch up with what she had been up to. all in all a good weekend... hope yours was the same...have a good one..steve

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Managed to cut out the walls for a second shack and then clean up the work area a bit. wife had other plans for me sunday,yesterday and today.
Hopefully I can pick up the pace some late in the week and gather momentum for the weekend :)