Its Monday 12-12-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had a busy weekend with Christmas pictures and a visit to Santa on Sunday. On Saturday my daughter’s cheerleading squad the Drexel Hill Raiders Midgets did it again and won the Grand Championship at the Cheerleading Association of Delaware County Competition! This year was bigger than last year with 9 towns sending squads. Last year there were only five. It may still take a week for my hearing to recover.

I did not get as much done as I planned modeling this weekend. I did get the wheels installed on the Mantua Pure Oil tank car. I also assembled the Athearn 2-bay composite side Southern hopper. I was ready to begin assembling the CNJ covered hopper when I realized that I needed to paint the undercarriage, so I did that. I also ran some trains until the power pack was confiscated for the trains under the Christmas tree.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Painted 3 (three!!) new 2x4 foot module frames! Woo-hoo!

Pictures to follow.

EDIT - picture added - Make sure you have quality hired hands when working on your (future) empire... ;)

Andrew

Attachments

• painting modules 1a.jpg
    painting modules 1a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 8

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Painted the detail parts to my DPM cycle shop, almost finished that. Also spent some time trying to figure what building to add to a specific spot. ever had that? It's almost like a mental block and it's the last piece of the puzzle.
Also did some Christmas shopping and went to a Christmas dinner and dance saturday night

C

Catt

Did not get a whole done this weekend.

I did get my kitbash of DPM's WILHELMI's Mercantile done (except for painting).The only problem is,if you aren't familar with the kit you won't know it was even touched.What I did was remove the top floor changing the building from 4 to 3 stories.(now that I'm done I think I should have removed 2 stories)Anyway it looks better in a small town setting now.

Yesterday IronRailZ had their first show of the season with the TTRAK.I ran a Bachmann Spectrum F7 A&B unit for the entire 5 hours.Then I went and bought it.This thing would put KATO to shame for running quality.I stopped the locos 3 times to add cars behind them other than that they ran for the whole show.I am IMPRESSED ,I just wish all Bachmann locos were this good.

Now I need to figure out a believable explination as to how a midwestern railroad in the year 2005 ended up with a 1950s Santa Fe diesel. :D

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I got a little work done on an AHM Berkshire I am repairing and got a Mantua 4-6-4 running that I remotored.
We went to our club's Christmas party Sunday. Had a great time.