It's MONDAY 11-1-04, weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Looks like NYC-BKO is being held hostage again by his job, so I’ll get this going.

What a busy weekend we had. We started off Saturday morning with a great football game. My son’s team the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA staged a dramatic last minute comeback and defeated Clifton Heights Rams 20-18 with a touchdown with 0:56 to go. His team finished the season 5-2-1 and since his level is instructional there are no playoffs. On Sunday his other team the Raiders Pee Wee AAA team crushed the Brookhaven Jets 25-13. The AAA Raiders finished 3-0. The AAA team is for six year olds who don’t start on the AA team. Saturday the kids had a Halloween party at the house. And of course last night was trick or treating.

The only modeling I got done was putting one set of numbers on the sand done of the LNE 0-8-0 switcher. Also my son showed off the layout to a few of his friends during the Halloween party. Now it looks like we have to clean it up for an operating session.

F

Fred_M

Among other things I went to a comedy club Saturday, and on the way home got stopped by a cop and given a breathalizer test which I passed (0.00%). I asked him why he stopped me, are you ready? I was going 60 in a 65 zone. Moral, speed if you're drunk? That don't sound right. Fred

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I got the N scale Con/Cor SD45 running. It will need a little more tweeking.
I also finished a couple of HO rolling stock rebuilds and started painting the HO layout.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Lessee, spent most of the weekend in Alamogordo NM (on the layout, that is) - first stop on the journey towards Tucumcari NM for Southern Pacific trains (lower level).

Got the base scenery down, highway, weathered the rails, did some ballasting, even got some grass down. AND then I scratchbuilt a small building, the left half of which is a coffeehouse; the right side of which is a beauty salon. Turned out pretty kewl.

SP Chlorine Train heading west across ballasted mainline

Davids Fine Coffee Emporium et al

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
My son did the work this weekend on the layout. Well I helped a little. We added the snow to the mountains and some of the track. Pictures can describe the work beter then I can.
IM001921.jpg

IM1915.jpg

IM001933.jpg

IM1917.jpg

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
trains,

Cool what did he use for snow and where are the real critter tracks?

I got nowhere this weekend. I jumped the gun and did work on a pile of 23 cars Thursday and Friday. Had a full house Saturday and all the attendant work that involved, so no train time. I worked most of Sunday.

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I never thought about the wild life. There are probably alot of small details like that I forgot about. Thanks I still have to place the trees in and add another layer of snow on top of the mountian and I could force some nscale figures of animals into the dried snow to make paw prints into the snow around the tracks.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Congrats on your son's team win Tom, your son must ,deservingly so, be very happy. Oh by the way Fred I get more impaired drivers that are going slower than the speed limit rather than speeding. They know they have had too much to drink and are way over causious.
Managed to get to the layout Sat afternoon got the track plan for the back all drawn out so glued down the rolled cork for the siding and the rural town area, then tacked down the regular cork for the rest. Next is the gluing of the ties then spiking the rail down, hopefull get at that this week.. Ron..

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Tom, glad to hear that your son's team won the football game, must have been exciting watching.
By the way Fred , I get more impaired drivers that are going slower than the speed limit than speeding. It seems as they know that they have had too much to consume so the are over causious and go slower than the flow of traffic.

Managed to get at the layout on Sat afternoon, got the track plan drawn out on the back area so glued down the rolled cord for the siding and rural town tracks then tacked down the regular cork for the rest. During the week hope to get at gluing the ties down then spiking the rail. Maybe something running, yes only a short distance, but running by the end of the week..Ron..

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Thanks again Tom for getting this started, another long nite.

As for the modeling, I did get to the other LHS, but alas they didn't have a Mark IV Atlas #6 switch so I bought a supertrack version not looking at it closely enough. I will have to doctor it up to fit where I want it. The diverging side has too much of a straight run in it unlike the Mark IV so it doesn't fit in the curve properly, I might just wait and get the right switch rather than hack this one up, so I didn't get the siding in, but I have the stuff finally.
I also have that bad disease we get, ' can't go to a Hobby Shop without buying cars ', picked up a RedCaboose 42' flat, Tichy 52' war emergency gon both NYC and an Accurail autorack. Now I just got to start building them, it's like 40 cars in the last 3 months, almost all kits, OMG what am I thinking. [ stocking up for winter I guess ]

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:)

Did you run your trains - I did !-:thumb:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I added my backdrop/ scenery divider onto the layoutand also added a fold-out extension to the harbour area. Originally the harbor was only 6" X 25" and the track was originally going to run length-wise but since then I had to change the track plan which made the track run width-wise. So I doubled the width by making a shelf that folds-out from under the layout and folds back under when I'm not using it, giving proper aisle space.

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
dash10 said:
Among other things I went to a comedy club Saturday, and on the way home got stopped by a cop and given a breathalizer test which I passed (0.00%). I asked him why he stopped me, are you ready? I was going 60 in a 65 zone. Moral, speed if you're drunk? That don't sound right. Fred

Actually, driving slower than the speed limit, much less slower than the prevailing traffic, is a common indicator of driving under the influence. Combine that with departing from a comedy club, which they may have staked out, and statistically speaking, its a good stop.

I managed to actually do some MRR stuff. I assembled one MDC OldTimer boxcar (Nscale), and swapped out the Rapidos on 5 1/2 MDC Roundhouse PFE reefers. Left one truck with the Rapido so I can use the car as my conversion car. :cool:

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
dash10 said:

Actually, driving slower than the speed limit, much less slower than the prevailing traffic, is a common indicator of driving under the influence. Combine that with departing from a comedy club, which they may have staked out, and statistically speaking, its a good stop.

I managed to actually do some MRR stuff. I assembled one MDC OldTimer boxcar (Nscale), and swapped out the Rapidos on 5 1/2 MDC Roundhouse PFE reefers. Left one truck with the Rapido so I can use the car as my conversion car. :cool:

I was going to assemble a pair of C S Models hoppers (N scale again) that I got, but the truck pins for the MT trucks are too small. Anybody have an idea what size pin or tap and screw I should get?

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I know i am late on this but i had computer problems for the past week and we had to crash the computer and reinstall everything back on it. Now i can start to post here again. Sure missed the gauge. Well anyways, i did get some modeling done. I got 6 out of 10 cabooses put back together, painted the fuel tanks on my locomotives silver, and in between that all rearranged my bedroom. Oh also i took my 2 nephews treat or treating on sunday and man i am kicking myself for not taking my camera. While i was standing near the main line i seen a train coming and on the head end elephant style was one CSX & one BNSF Locomotive. Sure wish i would have taken my camera :cry: :cry: But there will be more trains. Have a safe and wonderful week everyone :wave: :wave: ( of what is left )