Its FRIDAY 8-26-05, Weekend Modeling Plans!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TomPM, Aug 26, 2005.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

I have had a busy day at work driving around looking at construction problems. I am now just having lunch and getting on the computer.

This weekend we have the usual bi-weekly shopping that we have to squeeze around a couple of youth football games. If I have any time I would like to finish assembling three more reefer kits. (I finished four others this week). I would also like to weather them.
  2. ausien

ausien Active Member

No modeling plans for me this weekend as I am house sitting, and kid (Teen) minding,
    but I did bring my trainbox with me, with some goodies inside.........have a good one..steve
  3. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I started a new project this week. I managed to get a set of CPR two stall engine house plans and I've started to scratchbuild it. I have the walls cut out of styrene siding and the windows and doors drawn in. this weekned I hope to cut the door and windows out and hopefully stare on the interior frameing on the walls. That's probably the modeling I'l get done this weekend.
  4. Complete all of my layouts bench work. beyond that i dont think too much. but time will tell
  5. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Let's see:

Tonite - break-in some newly acquired engines, put some loads in a few hoppers, then run some trains, might start a kit don't know yet.

Sat. - alot of yard (outside) work to do then hopefully get in some model building and running trains, the shorter days help towards doing some modeling.

Sun. - up in the air not making any plans!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!-[​IMG]
  6. I plan on picking up supplies for next weekends plans.
    Ballast, Another SD45, Turnouts, Rolling stock, More ballast, A better Transformer.
  7. XavierJ123

XavierJ123 Member

Doing the John Allen thing---

I have to work all day Saturday until 6 PM. I am going to do the John Allen thing Sunday morning when I am bright eyed and bushy tailed, whatever that means. After much study of John Allen's photographs of the viaduct on his first Gorre & Dephetid, I have the form already nailed in place on my basement workbench ready to pour the plaster Sunday morning. It will take be about 4 hours to carve stone into the damp plaster after it is poured. I have debated his method of construction and think I have figured out how it was done. Time will tell, but it will be four hours of fun and creation. :thumb:
  8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member 'bout 'nother hurrycane....(sigh) :rolleyes:
  9. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I plan to work on a few of the projects I got at the train show last saturday.
    I am currently working on an Athearn PA1 I got for $5 that had the motor. driveshafts and worm gears removed. I picked up an Athearn motor for $1 and had the rest of the parts in the parts bin.

Attached Files: