Its FRIDAY 4-22-05, weekend modeling plans!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well everyone the weekend is here. What does everyone have in store for this weekend?

Friday: The local high school will be having the kids out along side a couple roads today picking up garbage that is laying along side the roadway. It is part of their Earth Day project so we have to ride behind them in the fire trucks to make sure they are safe so no one drives fast past them.

The rest of this weekend I have no clue what i will be doing. I might just sit around and rest up after this long week I had.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Tonight I'm going to clean out the downstairs bathroom so we can install a new shower in there in the next couple weeks. Saturday I'm riding my bike to mt In-laws and helping my Father-in-law with parts to a fence he and I will be building for my garden.
Modeling-wise I'll probably work on the scenery forms for the logging area, maybe work on the sign for my warehouse, and lay down the standard-guage track for the logging area. There are other things as well but I can't think of them right now.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Depending on the weather I may have two Little League games to manage and coach. Also we need to do the bi-weekly grocery store thing. Shopping will also include a trip to the party store for supplies for my son’s birthday party next Saturday. This means a trip to Delaware and a stop at Mitchell’s Hobbies!

I plan on ballasting the trolley track on the Passenger Station Diorama. I may even start the foliage. I also have a coal load to make and a flat car load. I received another undecorated Atlas U23B from UPS yesterday. I need to test it and then begin transforming it into another L&NE unit to go with the one I did last month.

Wabash Banks

Mar 11, 2005
Indiana
THe weather is supposed to be pretty bad this weekend so I plan on getting some track laid. I have to work through building my first turnout. I am not really looking forward to it since I know I am going to be wasting some rail!

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Saturday is shot, we're volunteering to help deep fry asparagus for a charity fund raiser for our local annual Asparagus Festival.

Sunday will likely be spent doing all the things I didn't get done on Saturday.

Doc

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well it looks like a modeling weekend, rain & snow all weekend & then some.

So on the agenda as of now:
I started building a P2K box, then maybe a P2K tank ( oh fun ), a Tichy tank and maybe a Blueprint box or two. Work on sorting out my engine projects, I know I said it before but it wasn't done, getting all the parts together in seperate boxes for each one, etc. I don't know what else I'll have time for.

Trains will be run, that's a gimmee!!!-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone has a drier weekend than I'm going to!!-
wave.gif

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
trains1972 said:
I have to clear out the basement this weekend. I am hopping to get a little more work done on the roller coaster that I started last weekend.

A model roller coaster?

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
This weekend I will be keeping out the way of my boss, so will be in the train room running, messing about with my trains and layout.
On monday its our ANZAC DAY. So I will be meeting the guys I was in NAM with, at 2.30 am, and talk about our time there and remembering the friends that we lost there. and then we`ll march in formation to the dawn service at the cemitarph, and then we might just get drunk, the 25 April it a bitter sweet day for me, a day that I am left alone, to spend with my cobbers, no mobile phones, no kids, no day to day problems.

so ....have a good one.. steve

J&A_RR

Feb 11, 2005
austin, tx (round rock)
time for the first layout to come to an end, it will be dismantled this weekend and the garage will be getting ready for a coat of paint. the starting over starts this weekend.

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
TBA is getting it's second level of sub roadbed and perhaps some cork and track this weekend! It is an exciting timeon the layout. It is starting to come together real nice. I will have pics by Sunday evening in the TBA procress thread in the N-Scale sections.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Saturday is Tortoise day! After setting up at a show nearby, Interurban and a couple of the Traction in Action crew are coming to my place to help me get the Tortoise switch machines installed. Whoo hoo! This will be fun. Maybe we'll even run some trains - after the pizza of course. :D :D

Val

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Its hard shell day on the Mini layout today.tunnel entrances are in masking is done and plaster work is about 1/2 done.I'm taking a puter break and then back to it to finish up the first coat.I think i just added about 6#'s to the weight of the mini .likely it will be 10 by the time i am done and the rock castings are placed.Still, it should come in totalling 25-30#s for an 18 x 30 so it should be plenty portable. :)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I've convinced myself to take one of my GG1s and 'bash it into a New Haven type boxcab. Gonna be risky...gonna be fun...I'll be taking pics during the body shell's construction :thumb: