It's feeling like Christmas...

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Lex, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Suiraku released a Christmas girl recently, I think I'll second that by making my own... Model is now ready for unfolding in Pepakura, will be ready in a few days hopefully.

Attached Files:

2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Looks very nice!

For you anime fans, the shape of the dress immediately made me think of an anime-style Christmas tree (like the one posted elsewhere on this forum) and using this model as the tree-topper...
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Where? Where? :D I'd love to do that. I was considering placing her on a church spire or something... ^^
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Sorry if I was confusing, it's not an anime tree, but I think an all-anime tree based on the same concept would be cool, and this would make a good topper ;)
  5. Janx

Janx Member

I have a model of Belldandy to put on my tree this year :)
  6. daredevilbr

daredevilbr Member

Very nice model Lex!!!
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Slight update: Unroll in good progress, flaps are next to be dealt with. Didn't expect this model to unfold into 8 pages of A4...

--Thanks for the kind comments, but I seriously feel the developed pattern lacks the "elegance" of models by other designers. It's this elegance that differentiates a "great" model to a "good" model. Have to learn more...
  8. laruru

laruru New Member

Can't wait to see the final santa. It would be a great christmas ornament!
    Hmm... christmas... I can smell the cookies, cinnamon and mince pie already!
  9. kamio

kamio New Member

o_O ah i think i know it... ><; my eye's doesnt wrong right?
    XD nice!!!
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

And here she comes...! ^^
    Models - Comet Studios

My printer is out of ink so I didn't have any chance to give her a testbuild, so I'll pray that there're no mistakes etc. >_<
    --P: The worst thing to happen in pepakura is when you spent efforts unfolding the model only find that one surface's texture is wrong...
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you Lex!:mrgreen:
    She looks great!:thumb:
    Merry Christmas to you also!

12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks Russell! A Christmas greeting to you too ^^
  13. MommaBird

MommaBird New Member

Thank you Lex, she looks great.
  14. laruru

laruru New Member

She's cute. Looks a little lost without Santa. XD
    It's another great design. :) thanks Lex.
    Might be a little soon, but have a Happy Christmas!
  15. daredevilbr

daredevilbr Member

Thx Lex for model!!! :)
  16. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for all the support guys, you really kept me going on designing new models ^^