Is thomas or Hogwarts express available in N scale.

Grotto

Jun 29, 2006
Toronto
My son is a Thomas freak, and we are go to the "Day out with Thomas" we he will get to ride in a steam engine made up to look like Thomas.

It's bad enough now, I can just imagine what it will be like after riding on a 1:1 scale steam engine. So I figured ..........

If not, I would be interested in the Hogwarts Express is available in N. It is a distant second, but he would no dount like it.
Grotto.

Delamaize

Oct 14, 2004
Lacey, Wa.
Thomas is avaible in N scale, Check E-bay, I wee them there all the time, and they have sevral diffrent locos and rolling stock.

the Hogwarts express was produced in HO but I don't think it was ever done in N scale, but I see no reason why you couldn't put the train together yourself, a loco of the same class is avaible and the coaches are standard older britich coches.

Grotto

Jun 29, 2006
Toronto
I che cked everywhere for both Thomas and Hogwarts Express and it is becoming clear that these are not available in N scale.

Does anyone know of commercially available releases that I could doctor to look like these.
I suppose I could just go with an HO setup, but I don't really want to at this point.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Grotto:
The Hogwarts could be made by painting a Hall class locomotive. Graham Fahrish make these. They also make a Castle class, but the loco in the film is played by a Hall.
The coaches a British Railways Mark 1. Again from GF. You can probably get away with maroon coaches without repainting them. The loco will need a coat of scarlet.
Do you need a dealer for British N in Toronto area? (BRMNA has lists on site.)

Grotto

Jun 29, 2006
Toronto
RE: Tomix #93801

Does anyone know any stores in Canada that sell this Thomas car? I live in Toronto so there should be some place that carries Tomix imports.
Thanks for your patience with an old newbie.