Is this a collectors item?

SLOW

Nov 18, 2002
buffalo ny
Visit site
Do any of you remember the old television show "ATeam"? I have this HO scale engine and one car with the ATEAM logo on them. I was wondering how much they might be worth. I am into N scale. The engine is in perfect working order...thanks!!

Michael

Attachments

• ateam train 1.jpg
    ateam train 1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 428

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Oh man, I haven't seen one of those since I was little and I used to have one in HO scale.

I don't know how much their worth but just keep it in a safe place and run it every now and then.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I think the safest place for it would be on my layout, better send it to me for safe keeping :D :D :D try searching e-bay for the A team, and it might come up. It can give you an idea. It's biggest value is probably to come, ten or twnety years from now, or when you can pass it on. Maybe to a grandspud. Or greatgrandspud. I would get a 2 ft section of HO track and mount it on a board and scenic it, then shelve that baby.

SLOW

Nov 18, 2002
buffalo ny
Visit site
Re:

John, my wife says, "That guy Jon cracks me up!!" You are too funny!! Right now I keep it in a box high up on a shelf away from kitty cats. I don't want them playing king kong with my A-team train. I set it up one year around the Christmas tree but I don't think that's a good idea now with 6 pussys. The one year I did set it up one of my friends called me a red neck. He thought the A-team and Christmas didn't go well together but it's the only train I had at the time. LOL

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Jon,

Man you're funny as hell! :D Imagine if Mr. T was a train engineer. "I pity da fool who gets in my way!"

PS: You neednt worry about your bulb, I'm pretty sure you've got it together.

To answer your question, the two are worth, in good condition, about $15 - $20 bucks. Sorry, but Tyco flooded the market with those things, they made so many of them. I collect Tyco just for nostalgia as I grew up with the stuff. In fact, after running the layout all day today, I cleared the Atlas, Kato's, Stewarts, and Proto 2000's out of the way and brought out 2 of my Tyco locomotives, just for fun. They ran *OK*, but they are just a lot of fun to play with. As far as collectible value though, no Tyco's are really worth much.

Tom Carter
Tyco Trains List
tycotrains@yahoogroups.com

tyco_logo.jpg
:cool: