Is Jan Rükr still papercrafting?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Satka, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Satka

Satka Member

Hi there,

I've been admiring Jan Rükr's work for some years.
    He is a great modeler, and I find his instructions very clear (a crucial element)

As a great fan of the Aliens movie, I so far completed a dropship and an APC
    I'm in the process of building the first part of his "Hadley's Hope" diorama (North Lock), and I'm drooling on the prospect of building a "Narcissus" one day, should this model become a reality.

However, his official website's last update dates back to October 2009.
    Does anybody know if he's still around?
    He's given so much to the community that I'd like to drop him an email (which I should have done earlier, I know)

Cheers
  2. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Yes he is you can check out what he is doing (and what we are waiting for. :mrgreen:)
    http://www.sulaco.cz/uss_sulaco.html#

I will build this, but I am waiting for him to finish uploading all the parts...
  3. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Active Member

Jan is also designing models for ABC Magazine, so I would guess his plate is quite full.
  4. Satka

Satka Member

All right, thanks for the info.
    It's nice to see his talent is being recognized.

I just don't know if I"m ready for a Sulaco ... maybe I'll start with a Narcissus ... if I ever find one!
    And if I don't, maybe that would be a good moment to start looking at Pepakura on the designer side instead of the viewer ;)
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Is there any kind of particular model you are looking for? :)
  6. Satka

Satka Member

Well, the Narcissus is a sleek looking little ship. Jan has it on his ToDo list, but since he's busy with other projects, maybe it's time to consider other alternatives...

Oh, and I guess a Nostromo would make a nice paper "monstruosity".

Have you eve seen models of either ship?

7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Not in paper, I was thinking something already out there! :)
  8. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I cannot remember where I read it, but Jan said that it would take about a year for someone to build the Sulaco.
    I think between the design and build he has put about 2 years into this Sulaco project.
  9. Satka

Satka Member

Well there are so many things to discover already here ... I just don't know where to start! :p

I guess my mind will be set on my Imperial II Star Destroyer first, we'll see where I go from there ...