IS 2 For A Newbie

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Dell_Zantoz, May 14, 2009.

1. Dell_Zantoz

Dell_Zantoz New Member

My first hack at a paper model tank. It's a work in progress as you can see from the rough edges. But it's very challenging but relaxing at the same time. Still a long way to go but i am really enjoy building this. I can't wait to finish the tracks and suspension!

Attached Files:

2. zealousy

zealousy Member

Did you say Newbie??
  3. Dell_Zantoz

Dell_Zantoz New Member

yeah, newbie in card modeling. though i have 15 years of plastic modeling behind me. it's a good change of pace.
  4. Janx

Janx Member

good start :) a lot better than my first efforts, nice subject to cut your teeth on too.
  5. charliec

charliec Active Member

You get a choice of band or individual link tracks - which one are you going to attempt?

The strengthening ribs in the roadwheels will test your resolve (and patience).

6. Dell_Zantoz

Dell_Zantoz New Member

Individual tracks. I am actually leaning of reduscing the loops to only three. That way it won't be too tedious on my part. Then I I will just hide it under the the original parts less the loops. The ribs on the wheels are a problem though, i can find no easier way of doing it.
  7. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Great Work So Far!!

Carry on!! Your work so far is excellent!!

As regards the tracks, do not drive yourself carazy over them! (Unless, of course, you want to enter the model in a show....In that case, you are on your own!!)

Carry on!
    Would like to see more!
    Your Canadian friend,
  8. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

A real challenge for your first model and you are pulling it off very nicely. Looks like you are well past the novice stage.

Jim Nunn
  9. Dell_Zantoz

Dell_Zantoz New Member

As far as the wheels went, i di a short cut and only did the outer wheels. It saved me a lot of time doing just two sides instead of eight. If you don't look really close, u would not even see it. Thanx for all the encouragements and right now I am working on a re-scaled Yamato in 1:400 scale.