Hey all, Recently I've been trying to convert my Bachmann Spectrum 4-8-2 lt. Mountain to DCC operation. I have a pair of DZ143 decoders that I purchased, and both have gave me the same issue with the loco...the first started smoking and now has some charring on the wrapping of the decoder. I believe it's a burnt component... I installed both decoders based on the instructions found here Install DCC Decoder in Bachmann USRA Light 4-8-2 and used the first method for controlling the headlamps (white to blue, blue to white...because apparently bachmann wired it reversed.) What both decoders do when the loco is set on the tracks (using a Bachmann EZCommand DCC controller) it starts making a sputtering noise, the controller starts flashing (as if there is a short circuit) and the headlight flickers. Throttle set to 0 This is where the first decoder burnt up. The second one didn't burn up or start smoking, or even smelling like smoke, but I also unplugged the track ASAP. The second decoder during install didn't flicker the first time I wired it up. The headlight did function properly according to the decoder (switched to address 3, and then used the function command to turn the light on and off) loco would not move, or even attempt, even if I gave it a lil helping push. After resoldering the wires on the theory of a cold solder joint, the loco started to flicker. Out of curiousity I took the second decoder and installed it in my Model Power Pacific... low and behold, it runs perfectly first try. So I'm convinced that I am either doing something wrong, using the wrong decoder, or my loco is a bit funky in the not working department.