Indiana Midland under construction

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by marty w., Feb 3, 2003.

1. marty w.

marty w. Member

Construction of the new Indiana Midland is finally underway.
    Getting the room ready was a time consuming task, with putting up drywall and installation of the H/A unit. The first pic shows about 2/3's of the bench work up. It is a combination of open gird and a modified L-girder. The L-girder is really a T-girder. The T wiil supply more attachment points for the cross members. The second pic shows more detail of the T-girder at the end of one of the peninsulas. The next task is to dismantle the existing layout. I hope to savage all the bench work, track, and lights to finish the new layout.

Attached Files:

2. marty w.

marty w. Member

Pic of one of the peninsulas.

Attached Files:

3. jkristia

jkristia Member

Looks great. Whish I had a room like that. wow.
    Do you have a (rough) trackplan of that new layout?

4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

That is just a HYOOOOG room. :) Someone must be very efficient with the broom too! Where's all teh sawdust?? Oh... swept up and ready to be made into scatter material for groundcover?? :D :eek: :cool:
  5. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

"I hope to savage all the bench work, track, and lights to finish the new layout."
    Marty: are you really going to be that nasty to your your old layout? Did it fall on your foot some time? ;) ;)
  6. marty w.

marty w. Member

7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Lookin' great! Gunna need lotsa trees!!! :D :D :D
  8. marty w.

marty w. Member

Thanks Jon. Hoping you would come on down, there's a power saw with your name on it!!!:D :D :D :D
  9. Ty Rayles

Ty Rayles Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: Trees, did someone say trees? We don't need no stinking trees! Good to see you getting started Marty, looking forward to pics of the progress. :D :cool:
  10. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Whahoo! lots of new construction going on around here.

looking good, I like the T thing. I could tell also that you must be going to model good 'ol Indiana by that level in one of the pics :D

11. Roger Hensley

Roger Hensley Member

Yes, it is, but it is one of the most important steps you can take for future satisfaction. Keep up the good work!

Roger Hensley
    East Central Indiana HO Railroad
  12. marty w.

marty w. Member

Thanks guy's!!!
  13. alkcnw

alkcnw Member

Hey Marty, On your old layout on your website could you tell me how wide the yard benchwork is? excluding the dogbone curve.:D
  14. marty w.

marty w. Member

The benchwork is 33" wide and 48" tall. I need a stepstoop to reach the buildings and track that is near the backdrop.
  15. gerbs4me

gerbs4me Member

Looks great!!!!