I'm Back

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Dave Flinn, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Just a brief note to say that I'm back from three weeks in Australia. Ran into Bob Collins at the Rotary Convention, but didn't hook up with any Aussie Gaugers. More later, after I get caught up with mail and bills etc.
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Welcome Back, Dave. It's good to have someone to study the ferroequin full time. Hope it was a great trip.
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Welcome back Dave :)
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome back Dave! :)
  5. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

I've been away from The Gauge for a while, too.

I'm just down from Brisbane, Dave. Bout 2 1/2hrs drive. Just opened a business (internet Cafe), so couldn't make it up to Brisbane to meet up with Bob.

You'll both have to tell us all of your adventures, especially wit the TOOTs. :)

You'd think, running an internet cafe would give me plenty of time to be in here................. but it don't. Customers, customers...... someone should ban 'em!! Get a lot more done without them. :eek: :rolleyes:
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Welcome back Dave! I'm back too, and it's great to be back!

7. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Australia Rails

Hi Woodie and all. Sorry we didn't hook up while I was in Oz. Started at the Rotary Convention in Brisbane, of course, then flew to Darwin for a few days (including Kakadu). Then we flew on to Perth for a few more days. From there, we took the Indian Pacific train to Adelaide. Nice trip. Maybe I can post more info and possibly pics later. Spent a few more days in Adelaide, then got back on the train and went to Sydney, where we stayed overnight before flying home. Found the roadbed on the latter legs much rougher than across the Nullarbor. Altogether a great trip.
  8. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Hi, Dave,
    Sounds like you had a great adventure! Now that you're back,do you
    have any advice to share on just how you get "caught up on bills"???
    :D :D :D I've never had much luck with that.

Woodie, you're killin' me :D :p