I'm Back!!!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Ralph, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Hello friends,

I am very happy to be home again after surgery and a two week hospital stay. I actually came home Tuesday but today is the first day I was strong enough to make it downstairs to the computer. :) My surgery was very successful but I will be consulting an oncologist in a couple of weeks about chemotherapy followup.

Meanwhile, I'm following my doctor's orders to "go home and eat!" I'm about 40 pounds lighter than normal so I'm glad to oblige. I'm finding that three breakfasts each morning is a good thing. :)

I'm walking slowly (sort of like Fred Sanford if you remember Red Fox's slow moving character) but am gaining strength daily. It will be a long recovery so I'll be home for a while and I look forward to logging in on The Gauge daily from now on. I've missed being here but I sure do wish to thank you all for your kind words, emails, messages, and support. This is a great place to meet and talk to other modelers for so many reasons other than trains! Bless you!

So, I've got a lot of reading to catch up with here and to see what folks have been up to! I'm even hoping that within the next couple of weeks I might have a pic or two of railroad progress to show as well.

Its good to be back gang!
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

:thumb: :thumb: :D

3. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great to hear from you, Ralph!!!!!!
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

You were gone?? :D :D :D When did this happen?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:) Glad you're back!!! Take care and get well fast!! :) Yeah we can wait a bit for some pics.. but NOT too long! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Good to hear from you Ralph, and welcome back.
  6. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Welcome back, Ralph. I hope you beat it completely!
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Keep this up and pretty soon you'll be able to montor your own forums.:D:D Man, what a job, keeps the other mods going 24/7 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's really great to see you back, take your time and get strong and get healthy. We're all here for you if you need us.:wave::wave::wave::wave:
  8. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I dont know you but having had some major cutting on this summer myself I am glad to hear you are on the mind. I wish you the very best of luck and pray you will need no more.

Gil Finn
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Good to see you back Ralph! :)
  10. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

...you gone?

Hah! I followed every mention of what you've been up to. It's good to see you back Ralph. I'd like to get all gushy and stuff but then I wouldn't be much of a man standing here all soggy in muh guloshes just on account you're my PC hero here on The Gauge.

Well, so anyway, what's new? :D

11. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Good to hear from you Ralph, glad things went well, and hope all continues to.

12. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

13. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :D :D
  14. Tad

Tad Member

It's good to hear from you, Ralph. I'm glad you are getting up and about.
  15. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Welcome back Ralph, great to see (read) you here again.
  16. ausien

ausien Active Member

So Ralph, your back and on the mend,hope all goes well for your full recovery...you might be 40lbs lighter than you used to be, but, eating 3 breakfastes will soon put you 40lbs above your normal wait.... in other worda.... DONT GET FAT friend....have a good one..steve
  17. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Good to have you back, Ralph! :wave:
  18. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Good to have you back, Ralph! Wish I could lose 40 lbs, just not how you did it. :D :D