Idiot proof model needed

BSGMutha

May 4, 2016
Ok so i crashed starbucks viper, then i sank the Cornelia Marie, i seem to be unable to fold a consistent straight line. If i do get one moderately straight, i hose it during glue-up. Any suggestions for a nice easy simple model? Something a retarded monkey could put together would be great.
What gets me is im an experienced woodworker and modeler but I've always used wood and bits of this and that for models. Thinking i can salvage jaybats viper if i shape wood for the engines then cover them with the printed paper but paint the ends. The same with the rudder snd wings, use very thin wood strips to get a uniform wing. But if im spending time cutting and using wood, i may as well carve a bang on replica
from oak and be done with it.
In anycase,
Thanks in advance
Sam

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I would suggest building this model a few times. Not only that, but I would strongly suggest that you score the fold lines first before you cut the parts out (that goes with all models). It will make folding easier (especially when you have a long fold lines).

Best of luck with it!!!

BSGMutha

May 4, 2016
Thank you. I will dl this and give it a try. Have some nice stainless that i may use to build something similar to a metal break. Saw one that was used for something called phototech or something similar in i think the tools forums.
Thanks
Sam

BSGMutha

May 4, 2016
Nah mr spaceagent9, anything is good. Especially now as im a nub and need to learn technique. So i would welcome any suggestion in any catagory.
Thanks
Sam

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
try looking at mine in resources section, the voyager cmdf and a few saucers are very easy and satisfying.

BSGMutha

May 4, 2016
Thanks Kolchak im looking at those now and will print one out and have a go. Might just pop up an episode of night stalker on youtube to listen to while i try one out.
Thanks for the help everyone
Sam

Reactions: spaceagent-9

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Get a ruler with a metal edge, or find a table with a sharp edge. Put a mark at the ends you need to fold. Gently rub with your finger before you fold, making sure you have the marks you made firmly aligned with the edge. As you increase pressure, you can then remove it, and it will fold on that line. You can do the same thing with a wooden ruler that has a metal edge. I do that stuff now holding the parts in my hands. You should breathe out slowly when you do that, as you will get a better fold, or line. Personally, I never sore, as I don't use paper that thick. Some do, some don't. I like to do things once. Stick with 110 lb. card stock and 67 lb. card stock for these models. You can always laminate. ;)

Reactions: lyter1958

BSGMutha

May 4, 2016
Thanks for the tips everyone. The paper i have is the 110 and then whatever regulay printer paper is. Will be experimenting today and hopefully will have positive progress to report.
Thanks
Sam

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
I suggest taking a look at ******* ********* collection. They are free, and each model is only one page long. My first model was his ********* van.

...........edited by ZATHROS

Last edited by a moderator: