I saw an interesting paint scheme today!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I saw a paint scheme I've never seen before today. It was on the point of a U.P. mixed freight coming into the ex S.P. Industry Yard. I'm sure it is a leased power. The reporting marks are FURZ. It was an older EMD, but I don't remember if it was a gp or a sd. The main color was silver, the front of locomotive was solid green if I remember correctly. Around the sides of the short hood the green was tapered into a stripe @ 12" wide going full length of the cab and long hood in the center, then at the back the stripe became a "V" meeting in the center of the "back porch." I may be wrong about the front. It might have been a "V" as well. The green was about the same color as B.N. When I saw it, I thought of the threads here previewing planned paint schemes for freelanced railroads. It seemed that this would be an excellent scheme for a freelanced road, with the colors changed of course. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camara with me, and if I had, it came and was by so quick that I didn't have time to shoot it anyway.

C

Catt

Russ is this what you saw?

furx1a.jpg

I know it's a lousey pic but it was a lousey day (sun came out right after I put the camera away).

Anywho it is an SD40-2 and as David said it is FURX.

By the way both the green and silver are metalic colours.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
You are righ it is FURX. I just looked up First Union Rail's web site.
As I said, the locomotive went by so fast I didn't remember it all. It has a B.N. scheme on the short hood and cab, with a @ 12" wide stripe down the center of the long hood side that ends in a "V" at the back. I was just thinking a scheme with a "V" at each end blending into a stripe down the sides would make a gorgeous livery for a freelanced railroad.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
FURZ - ROFLMAO!!!

Hey Russ, you made my day with your first reporting mark, FURZ!

In German (dare I say it? :eek: ) FURZ means 'fart'. :D :D :D :D :D

Ok, I know - no four-letter words at the Gauge. :eek: :D But for one single time...
Now I hope the unit didn't sound accordingly! :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Ron