I saw an interesting paint scheme today!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Russ Bellinis, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I saw a paint scheme I've never seen before today. It was on the point of a U.P. mixed freight coming into the ex S.P. Industry Yard. I'm sure it is a leased power. The reporting marks are FURZ. It was an older EMD, but I don't remember if it was a gp or a sd. The main color was silver, the front of locomotive was solid green if I remember correctly. Around the sides of the short hood the green was tapered into a stripe @ 12" wide going full length of the cab and long hood in the center, then at the back the stripe became a "V" meeting in the center of the "back porch." I may be wrong about the front. It might have been a "V" as well. The green was about the same color as B.N. When I saw it, I thought of the threads here previewing planned paint schemes for freelanced railroads. It seemed that this would be an excellent scheme for a freelanced road, with the colors changed of course. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camara with me, and if I had, it came and was by so quick that I didn't have time to shoot it anyway.
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

My list doesn't have FURZ but has FURX for First Union Rail.
    (Sounds like the workers have taken over at last!)
    No other info.
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Russ is this what you saw?

I know it's a lousey pic but it was a lousey day (sun came out right after I put the camera away).

Anywho it is an SD40-2 and as David said it is FURX.

By the way both the green and silver are metalic colours.
  4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

You are righ it is FURX. I just looked up First Union Rail's web site.
    As I said, the locomotive went by so fast I didn't remember it all. It has a B.N. scheme on the short hood and cab, with a @ 12" wide stripe down the center of the long hood side that ends in a "V" at the back. I was just thinking a scheme with a "V" at each end blending into a stripe down the sides would make a gorgeous livery for a freelanced railroad.
  5. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hey Russ, you made my day with your first reporting mark, FURZ!

In German (dare I say it? :eek: ) FURZ means 'fart'. :D :D :D :D :D

Ok, I know - no four-letter words at the Gauge. :eek: :D But for one single time...
    Now I hope the unit didn't sound accordingly! :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

6. interurban

interurban Active Member

Flew by like the,,,,,,, Wind:D :D :D
  7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Oy! gevald...:eek:
  8. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

How 'bout this?

Attached Files: