I Love The Easter Bunny

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
Well my in-laws brougt me this beauty from Austria. I never heard of the company. But this thing runs as smooth as silk. Its sooo quiet and can operate at very slow speeds. Kinda has the same qualities as my broadway ltd. mikado without the sound. How come Bachmann and BdY Ltd. are made in China but Klein Modelbahn is actually made in Austria?

Attachments

• Mar 2005 100.jpg
    Mar 2005 100.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Mar 2005 101.jpg
    Mar 2005 101.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
European railroads always interested me. They have a unique design. Models made there are well made. They look fine at home but stick out some when run on North American railroads.

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
Well Im thinking that we imported it for some switching duty. I know the Erie RR had Russian Decapods, so someone just screwed up the order. Pretty big screw up eh?

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Hey FM, put it to work and it will become a conversation piece. We model railroaders can do anything we want, right!!!! I still have an old Hornby Dublo pacific loco that is very British but I still love it's looks

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Gary's right. Some were exported to Russia before the Revolution. After the rise of the Communist, the rest of the order was sold. to American railroads. Baldwin was the actual manufactuer of the Russian Decapod.

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
Oops thanks for the correction on the decapods. Don't wanna be repeating that mistake much. Uh then lets see Averil Harriman bought one just for his personal passenger rail from harriman to middletown ny. I hope that one sticks.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Looks like the Teutonic response to the tour of the Coronation Scot.
I'm not sure where they're manufactured (should say on the package "Osterreich fabrikat" or something) but I was in their store (One of their stores?) once and they just had the one brand and all Austrian prototype.