I Love The Easter Bunny

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by francismaximus, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Well my in-laws brougt me this beauty from Austria. I never heard of the company. But this thing runs as smooth as silk. Its sooo quiet and can operate at very slow speeds. Kinda has the same qualities as my broadway ltd. mikado without the sound. How come Bachmann and BdY Ltd. are made in China but Klein Modelbahn is actually made in Austria?

Attached Files:

2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

European railroads always interested me. They have a unique design. Models made there are well made. They look fine at home but stick out some when run on North American railroads.
  3. Well Im thinking that we imported it for some switching duty. I know the Erie RR had Russian Decapods, so someone just screwed up the order. Pretty big screw up eh?
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Hey FM, put it to work and it will become a conversation piece. We model railroaders can do anything we want, right!!!! I still have an old Hornby Dublo pacific loco that is very British but I still love it's looks
  5. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Actually the Russian decapods were built here for export to Russia but due to the revolution there they wound up being regauged and sold off to roads here.

6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Gary's right. Some were exported to Russia before the Revolution. After the rise of the Communist, the rest of the order was sold. to American railroads. Baldwin was the actual manufactuer of the Russian Decapod.
  7. Oops thanks for the correction on the decapods. Don't wanna be repeating that mistake much. Uh then lets see Averil Harriman bought one just for his personal passenger rail from harriman to middletown ny. I hope that one sticks.
  8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Looks like the Teutonic response to the tour of the Coronation Scot.
    I'm not sure where they're manufactured (should say on the package "Osterreich fabrikat" or something) but I was in their store (One of their stores?) once and they just had the one brand and all Austrian prototype.
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That looks pretty nice FM!! Maybe you could build a WWII diorama to show it off. That Easter Bunny was a lot nicer to you than he was to me!