I broke the rules and Atlas banned me

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
No vent needed.
The Atlas forum, with its firestorms and the way they handle"Mistakes" made by visitors and members alike is well documented.
Maybe they'll learn...When no one is left to post.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Anyway, I can't see why anyone would want to spend time over at Atlas's forum, The Gauge is about a million times better.

I agree. I left because I got tired of seeing pictures of whoever's latest sd-whatever of which he bought 6 of them but dosen't have a layout to run them.

Just curious Mike, what did you do?

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Oh, okay yeah that ebay linking has some people getting their knickers in a twist.

Yeah I was thinking of 88 when I saw that tail peice fly off into the stands, I told my wife to watch ebay becaue it might just show up there in the next couple days!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
We don't allow direct linking to items, but you are always welcome in Buy, Sell & Trade to "ask people to search for your e-bay seller name" :) That way we get one post that will cover all you are selling. :) That's train related, of course. :)

BTW - we "notify members that you broke a rule"..... If you disregard this notice, we will ban you for a few days.... if you still show that you don't respect The Gauge for all the Mod's hard work, "then (3 strikes) You are permanantly banned". So we do work with members to make your Gauge visits enjoyable :) :)

Sorry that they aren't as open minded :( :(

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
fifer said:
Glenn , I posted a link to my personal Ebay items for sale.
Thanks Guys , Mike
Gee, and some people think we're harsh.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As Mikey says, we don't allow eBay links either, but we sure are a lot more tolerant than they are, and that confuses me. When someone allows a flame war to errupt, or allows out and out negativism and blatent disrepect, then slaps your hand for an eBay link, well, that's not consistancy. No Mike, this is the place to come for substance and great people.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And I think Peter understated the comparative ratio of a million to one just a bit, but that's close enough.:D :D :D :D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Believe it or not, your string has three pages of comments over there now and they have about beat that dead horse into a pulpy mass.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Each forum has its rules and its ways of enforcing them; different atmospheres. I read the Atlas forum daily as, I believe, do several members of The Gauge. Model railroading can be a small world as a result so I prefer to keep it civil between forums and avoid making "our's is better than yours" comments.

Ralph

L

lester perry

For what ever it is worth I used to look at about 5 forums but now only the guage. I like its variety of topics and how it is layed out. One biggy is when point at subject with mouse it shows first post. (I am dial up). Also every one is very friendly