I am new here

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jesse james, Apr 6, 2006.

1. jesse james

jesse james New Member

Hello: My name is Jesse James and I joined here today. I am also a member of freerails. I joined here because this is where my grandpa (arizona heat) was a member too. Grandpa loved his new HO hobby and he joined here first I think before he joined freerails. Grandpa passed away on April 3rd so now I am going to try to finish the hobby he was so happy about learning. I don't know anything about the hobby yet but I want to learn from all the people here and on freerails. I am still in school so I can't do too much yet but I want to finish grandpa's dream of making a layout. Thanks
  2. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Welcome To The-Gauge Buddy. Again Welcome.

Chessie6459 aka LiveSteamer
  3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Hey JJ,
    From one ol' cowboy to another, welcome to The Gauge.

Sorry to hear about your grand dad. Nice of you to pick up where he left off. I'm sure he'll have a nice aerial view of the layout from where he's at.

4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge, Jesse:wave:

I carry on my Dad's love of trains in some of my models, much like the way you're honoring your Grandfather. It is a good heritage to share and hope you enjoy it as much as he did.
  5. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

:wave: welcome to the Gauge Jesse :wave:
  6. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Welcome, Jesse. It's great to see descendants carrying on a great hobby such as this.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome Jesse :) I'm in Freerails too :) There's a lot of people on both forums to help you with whatever you need :)
  8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Welcome, and good luck. That's a fine tribute you've got planned and you'll have a great hobby started as well. As N Gauger says, there is plenty of help on both forums on just about any subject you need to know about, just ask.
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Welcome aboard! There's plenty of information here, just go into search and you should be able find answers.
  10. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Welcome aboard Jessie. Plenty of great moderlers to help you out here on the Gauge.

Ron :thumb: :wave: :wave:
  11. isboris4449

isboris4449 Member

Hi Jesse,

You have my deepest sympathy for your loss.

The two best things about our hobby are the fellowship and the willingness to share information.

12. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Glad you could join us Jesse, Please accept our condolences for the loss of your grandfather.
  13. ausien

ausien Active Member

welcome JJ, my condolances on the loss off your grandpa, again welcome to roster off the GAUGE....