I am Canadian!!!!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by grumbeast, Nov 26, 2003.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Well done grum:D :D :D :D :D
    I bet you still like a LEEK or two:thumb:
    I am 23 years out of Manchester:( and i like it:D a lot:thumb:
  2. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Congrats Grum, glad to have you as a neighbor. :thumb:
  3. Sir_Tainly

Sir_Tainly Member

Great News Graham ! :)

Hopefully I'll be starting thet same process next year..fingers crossed :)
  4. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Well Done!

Congratulations, Graham! :thumb: No better place, in my opinion.
  5. Partsman

Partsman Member

Congrats, Grum! Well done!
  6. absnut

absnut Member

My sincerest Congratulations, Graham! You've attained your goal.

7. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

WOOHOO! Way to go! :D

So, what country had your citizenship before and what made you decide to head to Canada?
  8. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Well, previously I was a subject of Great Britain. And now I'm a Citizen of Canada. :D :D

And while I won't get into a discussion about the various merits of different countries (everyone is entitled to thier opinion), the thing that really clinches it for me being a Canadian is this.

During the Citizenship ceremony there are three words that are emphasised. The first two, Democracy and Freedom I would expect from any modern nation, but the third I think is unique in being officially recognised in Canada, and that word is

What a country!!!!!

9. rsn48

rsn48 Member

Now to celebrate you have to go out and stop in at Timmy's and get soup in a bread bowl, then go to another restaurant for Poutine, then have a Canadian beer, then over to Mc Donald's to get chips with vinegar, then go to Ottawa to skate on the canal, then to quebec city to walk on the Plains of Abraham, then to Monteal for a corn beef sandwich, then to Toronto to talk to the Torontonians who think they are the center of the universe, then to Winnipeg to be eaten by mosquitos, then on to Edmonton for a steak, then to Vancouver to take the sea bus.:thumb:
  10. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Congrats Grumbeast!!
  11. TinGoat

TinGoat Ignorant know it all

Boy, talk about Cleche eh?!

What??? You mean to say that Toronto isn't the centre of the universe???? :eek: