I almost fainted!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by sgtcarl, Mar 6, 2008.

1. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

Hey guys, I don't know where to post this, so I thought I'd start my own thread.
    A couple of nights ago, while I was sitting in my living room, nothing on TV, so I was just reading the Bible, my wife, who was in our computer room, came in and said, "Honey, I've got something I want you to see." So, thinking it was just a cute picture someone had sent her via e-mail, I just replied, "okay," sort of half heartedly.
    When I joined her in the room, she said "look at this."
    That's when I almost fainted! she was on e-bay looking at trains! She said "I hope you like this one." I don't remember what it was. She said "I bid on it, how high should I go?" What really shocked me was that she'd even let me go back on e-bay. The last time I was there, I had bought a car!
    Any way, here's the short list we bought. (I still have some bids going.)

gondola car, 3 tank cars, 34' coal hopper w/load, Marx vintage train set in box,GE Dash 8 408 loco,3 new vintage Atlas track pcks, Life Like Train set w/GP38 diesel loco.Now all I have to do is start building the layout.:excited1:
  2. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Nope...don't believe it. Would like to believe it...but nope...can't believe it. (Just kidding of course...good for you for having such a supportive wife!)
  3. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

So, if you are flying Hercs, where are you stationed? My wife is retired Air Force Master Sargeant. a real sweet heart! And verrry purty, too.
  4. Herc Driver

Flying the mighty Herc out of Charlotte, NC for the NCANG. Flew C-5B's and C-9's too on active duty. Still proud to serve, and smart enough to know that TSgts and above really run the USAF...not us zipper-suited flight gods.
  5. scubadude

scubadude Member

Be careful, SgtCarl, might be a set up for new furniture or something! sign1

Hey Herc, my Dad flew C-130s out of Pope AFB back in the 70's, I really liked living in NC.....:thumb:
  6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Too good to be true...!!!!:eek:

'S gotta be a catch there somewhere.....:mrgreen:
  7. puddlejumper

puddlejumper Member

and then he woke up.:eek:

8. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

I demand proof! I want to see photographic evidence when the supposed merchandise arrives! LOL!!!
  9. Herc Driver

Actually...all those trains listed are really styles of shoes. I know it sounds crazy, but really they're all designer shoes. I was almost fooled by the descriptions...but then I realized they're really shoes. Gondolas? Geeps? Hoppers? Sure those sound like train cars, but they're all italian and french made designer shoes.
  10. scubadude

scubadude Member

She might be covering up an affair with the UPS driver sign1sign1sign1
  11. coachC

coachC Member

It probably has to do with what you were reading at the time.

Prayer changes things !!!!
  12. csiguy

csiguy Member

i agree with you herc . sounds like those are italian made shoes. lol. sounds like you got a great wife.
  13. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Wow! I wonder if this behaviour will catch on elsewhere? :mrgreen:

I'm being optimistic that this trend will become popular in Toronto!

14. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

I can only hope that my wife picks up that Mason Bogie on ebay right now...:razz:
  15. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

I knoow this kinda stuff is frowned upon, but my wife would like a word or two with Hercdriver: You said the magic "word" C-9. I ran the A/E detatchment at Keesler 81-82, then spent 4+ years at 2AES at Rhein Main. I was first Sgt in Turkey, but helped with the airport runs while in, and was over Pt Admin (among other things) at Offutt. Can you tell I have a soft spot for the nightingale! and there is a "catch" with buying him the train stuff....If I get them, I can control the available funds better. If I let him buy them, .....perish the thot!!! This is guy that decides to buy big ticket item (an RV, a Volvo, etc) and I get to pay for them.
  16. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey....Wives can have fun too..!!! Maybe you've started something...A wives sub-forum...!!! That'd be cool...:mrgreen::twisted::cry:wall1......
  17. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

Okay, all you skeptics! Photos will be along shortly! I'm still getting stuff in the mail. And we just bid on some more stuff, today.
  18. Herc Driver

(To SgtCarl's wife - with much respect) Well I'll be...another air-evac person! I loved the jet - and really liked the mission too. Boy, can't even remember how many nights I overnighted at Keesler. What good seafood! I flew the C-9 stateside only...had to wait to fly the C-5 before seeing the world (A LOT of Rhein Main and Incirlik trips with waaaaaay too many good memories.) Flying the Herc now which is almost the same mission as the -9 and -5 but flown a lot slower. Can't even remember how many nights I spent at the clubs at Rhein and in "the alley" at Incirlik...too fun.

All my best to you for serving. I've got a few more years to go to get to 20 then I'll probably retire, but with the guard, you never know. Heck, we're doing more now as a guard unit than most active duty squadrons. So there's lots of job security with the guard now.

Now back to the trains..........
  19. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

Re: A/E Are you aware of the AirEvac Assoc? Trains are nice, but nothing compares with the C-9! Audre aka MSgt Roberts
  20. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

I almost fainted, part of part two

Okay, all you skeptical skeptics! Put on your spectacles and enjoy! These are, (hopefully,) six of the items my wife and I purchased. Will add some more photos, later.

Attached Files: