HTML Editor

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I've downloaded a few of the freebies from the web, but each one was buggy one way or another. My business partner purchased MS frontpage, which is wysiwyg. He says it's the best purchase he's ever made. Very little html work. I've never used it, so I can't give you any particulars.

I just IM him any pics or text that I need added to my site and he slaps it in, rather quickly.

It's not cheap (free). i believe it runs about $100, but I may be wrong. I guess it depends on how often you plan on manipulating your club's site. If you plan on messing with the site once a month, price wise, it may not be what you need, but then again, if you have to re-learn html once a month, it may be the way to go.

Someone else here may know of another cheaper program that does the same thing. This is the best info I can give you. Hope it helps a little, atleast.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I used MS word a couple of times, but the meta files were increadibly long. Like four or five pages. It worked fine, but if we had to edit in html, it was like finding the needle in the haystack.

Then again, i'm no expert and that issue might have been easily eliminated by clicking on some hidden menu button that I never found.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i reccommend searching for some HTML tutorials, i've built a really awsome webpages before with only using notepad

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Thanks Tin Goat!!! I think NVU is exactly what I was looking for. I was playing around with Coffeecup but its only a trial and the full version is $50 I'm trying to do this for free. I'm sure they would reimburse me for whatever software I did buy but I think they'll agree with free.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Just a thought, but there are applications where you don't need to know or use HTML. I use a program called PagePlus that is a desktop publishing app that has a web design feature. Serif also has WebPlus which is a stand-alone web publisher. Although I use PagePlus for DTP, I cannot vouch for it's web design feature. The point is, that there are other applications like this that can be found at no cost, including older versions of both PagePlus and WebPlus..

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Pete said:
I use MS FrontPage Express to do most of the 'dirty work' then tweak the rest on my own.
It was installed on my first computer, and somehow got transferred onto this one ;)

I use it too and, while once in a while it's frustrating, mostly it does what I want. Check out the links page in my sig. I did it with FPE. It didn't come along with my last upgrade and I hunted all over trying to find it. It is a fairly old program, but I did finally find it. I couldn't tell you where now, but if you would like a copy it's small enough to send as an email attachment.