HO Scale Re-Bar??????

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TruckLover, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Now you just need to make a few bundles for the finger rack cars.;)
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

That sounds like a neat idea, ill have to try it out :mrgreen:
  3. They sure do make reusable concrete forms outta' steel - just look at Trucklover's original post, 2nd pic
  4. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

sign1 Ohh yeah :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Those are going to be my favorite pieces of rolling stock :mrgreen: :thumb: :mrgreen:
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

I know it works in 1/72 scale as well - some of our modelling guys worked that scale exclusively.
  6. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

rebar wire

You guys amaze me sometimes --- can't get piano --music wire smaller than .015 !!
    Take a trip to a Music store & look at guitar strings --- I make all my hand rails out of them -- they come as small as .004 , which is the size I used for the braces for the saftey cage ? on the pilot deck of an Allagheny. For hand rails they are much less prone to damage even in .006 or.007 than brass ever can be . They are cheap too, a buck or two for 2 -3 feet . Then look at the wound strings , they make fantastic armoured glad hand air lines or lagged pipe.
    I've been using them for years .
    Yor are correct about cutting them Dr . wayne --A dremel is the best way, however they won't rust .
  7. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Ply wood

For the Plywood get some Edge banding from a cabinet shop , its very thin & is real wood.