HO scale Equilibrium crane / E-crane completed model photos

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
Hello all,

I'm almost done with my latest scratch build.The only thing left to do is paint some more and the lower two sets of handrails.All said and done it didn't turn out to bad.Everything from the bucket to the booms moves,human powered of coarse but still cool. These cranes operate all over the world.As a matter of fact they have been working in the US for only a couple of years ,more common in europe.Union RR in PA has one of these cranes along with other companys in the US.

I also have to do lettering and touch up the paint,but other than that ....this build is done.

This E-crane is ready to unload anything that comes to the future wharf. From iron ore to limestone at 500 tons an hour. DRSC newest monster was fairly easy to build,all I used was four pictures of this machine to go by.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

HOE-cranescratchbuild001.jpg

HOE-cranescratchbuild003.jpg

HOE-cranescratchbuild005.jpg

HOE-cranescratchbuild004.jpg

HOE-cranescratchbuild002.jpg

Hope you folks enjoy the latest scratch build,more weird machines to come........

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Patrick,
That is an exceptional scratchbuild! I've seen photos of the crane the Union RR uses for bulk loading and yours is a nice model of such an enormous piece of equipment!
Ralph

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
Hi yaz guys,

I'm glad you folks like it. I should have posted a picture of the real deal before....sorry.So heres the real machine,please keep in mind I have a ton of detail parts to install on this model and paint and handrails and so on and so forth.

Heres a picture off of E-cranes web-page,used with out permission. Hope their don't mind,of well ,if they do they can sue me.They won't get anything but a bunch of model trains...LOL.

10264.jpg

Maybe I'll find something else to build next,kinda running out of things to build.

Thank you all for the warm words,means alot.....

Patrick
Beaufort,SC

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
MilesWestern said:
You could build me a PFE automatic traveling ice loader for my reefers! :D

Hello Miles,

Got a good picture of it ? Never seen one,could be the next build. I looked on the net and couldn't find one.Maybe I just typed in the wrong thing.Post a pic if you could please.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon river Steel Corp {DRSC}

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
Jim Krause said:
A great job Patrick. Just keep the cats away from it. (Referring to another thread of a couple of weeks ago)

Hello Jim,

The cat doesn't worry me so much ....its my dog. I happen to be the proud owner of a Jack Russel terror. Rowdy during the whole build was trying to jump up on my work bench to take a bite out of my E-crane.Something new in the house and he didn't like it. Silly dog....LOL

Patrick
Beaufort,SC