HO dragline bucket load/ photos of half fininshed model.

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
Hello all,

I'm just about completed with my latest scratch build. As Docwayne told me about an article RMC had a few months ago regarding these loads. Doc I bought that issue just because it had a cool topic about draglines and shovels. Thats where I got the idea for this load.

The load itself took about 6 hours all together to build. Painting on the other hand is taking a tad bit longer.Kindergarden....I don't think I payed that much attention to mixing colors. Question......What colors do you mix to get burgandy ?????

Reason being Marion shovel company ,painted almost all of their shovel buckets ....black,tan and burgandy. I can't for the life of me , remember how to mix colors to get burgandy.

Anyhow photos are down below.....although this isn't finished as of yet.

First couple of pics are of the Walthers heavy duty flat and the dragline bucket. the last one is a pic of a HO Norscot D5 inside the bucket.

HOdraglinebucketload001.jpg

HOdraglinebucketload002.jpg

HOdraglinebucketload003.jpg

HOdraglinebucketload004.jpg

Hope you folks enjoy the photos more to come.....

P.S

I know my painting skills still are pretty crappy.....working on it.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice scratchbuilding, Patrick. As far as the paint goes, isn't there anything available that's close enough right out of the bottle? Not knowing the exact colour that you're looking for, I can only suggest Floquil/Polly Scale Soo Line Maroon, or SMP Accupaint's CPR Maroon, which is a bit more purplish.

Wayne