HK 416 PM

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Longbow, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Longbow

Longbow New Member

I usually build ships & planes, but came along this model from Paper Manufacturing.

Having never built a model of this category I gave it a try.
    And wanted to share it with you.

It was fun to build, the fit was very good, some colours were a bit off, but retouching with paint solved a lot.
    I made a simple stand for it using DIY stuff I had laying around [​IMG]

Here are the pictures taken during the build.

Attached Files:

2. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Wow, I've been wanting to build one of these, yours is immaculate!! Thanks you for posting. :)
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You did an OUTSTANDING JOB on this model. Everything looks crisp and clean.
    I need to try my hand at this model.
  4. zathros

If you walked down the street in my town carrying that, you'd have a dozen cop cars on top of you so fast!! It is quite exquisite!! :)
  5. nero_on_fire

nero_on_fire New Member

I have build the life-sized Dragunov Sniper Rifle from a few years ago, it is about 1,20 meters (about 4 feet) tall. Since I was only interested in building, not keeping it, I gave it away to a good friend of mine. I had to transport it with another friend in his car and he was scared as hell someone would spot it, since it was just laying on the backseat. When we arrived, a shouldered the gun and walked towards my friends house and my other friend went nuts about it (I have to admit, I had a lot of fun...).

But this is Germany and some years ago there wasn't much anxiety about guns in public, since you could be sure it was just props or replika if you saw one. I wouldn't do this again today, after what happened lately in Munich.

And another anecdote about building life-sized gun replikas: People confuse being interested in guns with actually wanting to use guns. When I build the Dragunov, my parents and friends got quite weird about it ("What are you going to do with it?" "Why are you building guns now?" etc.). I have always been fascinated by guns and the engineering and craftmanship that went into it, but I would never want to have a real gun in my home. Maybe try one on a shooting range, but I'm not even sure about that. I know America is a lot different about owning and using guns.

About the build: It looks fantastic and the build quality is superb. This thing definetly deserves to be on a stand display :bowdown:
  6. zathros

I own some beautiful Long Rifles, the one below is from 1972 and has only been fired 10 times!! :) I have much ammo, but it is almost impossible to find any shooting ranges, I have a Marline 336 that for "daily" use. . ;)

Winchester Model 94 Cowboy Commemorative, Nickel Plated, 30-30 caliber, My favorite:

Rhaven Blaack likes this.