hey u computer geeks

th4sb

Jun 17, 2002
kansas
Visit site
tried to send several forum members a list of stuff i have for sale.the file is a wordpad file that i typed out.the forum rejects this type of file.its nothing more than a page of text.and i thought i knew about computers.help!!!!!!!! th in kansas........

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi th4sb
Go back into the proggy and save as a text only file. Once this is done, copy/paste it into here.
Hows that for business friend.
Shamus

th4sb

Jun 17, 2002
kansas
Visit site
hi shamus.i saved it as a text file.to be truthful with you...i have never copied/pasted in my life.im a true dummy with the computer.i can send an attachment in outlook express however but just dont know how to do it via the gauge forum.i'll keep trying.th in kansas........

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
th4sb,
Welcome to the gauge, welcome to the (I don't know how to use my computer)club. I'm still struggling, learning, but not quickly! Hope you're not selling, to leave the hobby. Good luck at the 'puter,
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi th4sb

All you have to do is use Ctrl and at the same time press the letter a and all the text is highlighted

To copy/paste is easy, on your computer keyboard you will notice bottom left a key called Ctrl, key along with the letter "c"
this is the copy side of it, the paste is the same using letter v. So first off highlight the text Ctrl and c to copy it and put it into memory. Go into the gauge and click on your thread and post reply, then Ctrl and v and in it goes.
Hope this helps.

Shamus

th4sb

Jun 17, 2002
kansas
Visit site
hello pete.i'll never leave the hobby.getting close to 60 and the eyes and hands just need something larger.thanks for the info shamus.i will try what you are telling me.th in kansas...........

th4sb

Jun 17, 2002
kansas
Visit site
one heck of a time

hi shamus.did the copying ok but when i get to the forum i still cant get the list on the reply portion.im doing something wrong.do i still have to use the browse button at the bottom of the reply to get the file attached? thanks for your help and understanding.th in kansas......

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Hello, th4sb

It seems that just now Shamus is offline, so I will try to "take the baton" (don't mind you, Shamus?).
Maybe this way will be easier (basically, it's the same that Shamus has told you, but a bit more extensive):

1) Open the text with the word processor that you have done it (Notepad/WordPad or other).

2) "Select" the text that you want copy/paste (you can do this with the Ctrl+A keys that Shamus pointed, or dragging the cursor over the text having the mouse letf button pressed simultaneously).
I suggest you this other way: Go to the "Edit" scroll menu -in the upper left side of the window-, and use the "Select All" option (or similar).

3) Now you should have highlighted the text that you want copy/paste. In the same previous scroll menu, use the "Copy" option (this have the same effect that using the Ctrl+C keys)

4) Now, go to The Gauge page and press the "Post Reply" button. When you are in the reply page, position the cursor in the white area of "Your Reply:". After that, the cursor should be blinking in that area.

5) Go to the "Edit" scroll menu (this time in the Internet browser window, NOT the word processor window) and use the "Paste" option (this have the same effect that using the Ctrl+V keys).

If all have gone OK, you should have the text copied&pasted by now. You don't need to attach any file. Just press "Submit Reply" and you have done it!

Sorry about the verbosity. I hope to have been of help. Good Luck! ;)

th4sb

Jun 17, 2002
kansas
Visit site
hello topo.thanks for the info on copy/pasting.i have now deleted that file the 4 sale list was on.cant find it any where.that s what happens when you dont know what your doing.am going to retype the 4 sale items and try again making sure i save it to a floppy or zip drive.thanks.th in kansas.........

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Hi, th4sb

Only a suggestion. You can try to find your file with the Windows tools. Just press "Start", and then "Search", then "Files.." and give the file name or/and some text inside it. Select "local hard disks" and have marked "include subdirectories" (I'm not sure about the exact titles, because my Windows is in spanish, but it can be something like this).

Good Luck!