HELP, on yrad area

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
HELP, on yard area

O.k. guys, I thought I was a pretty savvvy guy on programs and such and I have tried to work the Atlas freewarew program and I give up, either I am just a dumb $%&&&*$###^&^ or something. So here I am asking for help.

What I have is a 2 ft by 10ft 6 inch area for my yard and engine service facilities, I am having all kind of trouble trying to fit and design this area, and I cannot figure out why, maybe its a mental block thing.

So if you have any spare time on your hands and would like to design me one, I would be GREATLY appreciative, or maybe trade you something for your help.

If interested just shoot me a line to orleans63@yahoo.com so I can give you the engiine buildings list and foot print of each building I have for that area.

Thanks,

George

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Nope no curves on the ends, but I do have a 90' Turntable and a three stall roundhouse, a coaling tower (wooden type, it cannot straddle a track) sanding shed and towers, water tank, and SS diesel fueling set any hel would be great! The scale is HO

George

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
TN_trainmansyard.bmp
OK,i cant figure out a way to E-mail this so ill just put it here.i placed your buildings with a letter key,A is the coal tower.B is the sand house and towers.C is deisel fueling.D is the water tower.i used generic sizes for everything.hope this helps--josh

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
THANKS A LOT Big Steel, it looks super I will mock it up tomorrow or Tuesday and see how it looks on the layout and post a picture.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
im glad you like it!and make sure to post pics as soon as possible!i want to see your finished yard and how it turned out.--josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
they are all number six but i just used it genericly the actuall car storage MAY be #4's but thats only if you use 4 axled deisels or small steam switchers and the line to turntable and roundhouse should probably be #6's since larger locos will be there.