Hello everyone!

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Hi! this obviously my first thread/comment, im from Argentina and i want to thanks for the oportunity you people give to learn and enjoy this beautiful activity, modeling.

I already constructed a couple of models, but off course consider myself a nobb. But i enjoy working and learning, so i think i will enjoy staying here very much.

Sry if my english is weird, im not advanced in this language. For me offcourse is not a problem at all.

See you!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello, DJ! :)

Welcome to zealot. This is indeed a very fulfilling hobby and you have chosen the best place to be. We would LOVE to see pictures of what you have done so far.

And your English is pretty good - at least I have understood everything you said. ;)

Just take a look around, make yourself familiar with all these different buttons and options of the forum, and mainly

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot.
If I may ask, what genre are you interested in?
By all means, please post photos of your work (WE LOVE SEEING PHOTOS)!
As for being a noob, do not worry about it (We all have been there).
This is a place where like-minded people come together to share information, tips & techniques, skills, talents, as well as promote this WONDERFUL hobby and help those who are starting out (like yourself).

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself.
I am looking forward to seeing your work.

Reactions: d5j4vu

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Don't worry about your Enrish. Mnei is fnie. I also speak SPanish, many here do, though we require posts be in English, you can also post them in Spanish, si quieres.

Please feel free to post pictures of your work. We love, even, some would say, THRIVE!, on pictures. Welcome to Zealot! Bievenidos! :)

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
I already feel comfortable, thanks! well, im interested about airplanes, space ships (specially sci-fi), robots and cars, i love formula cars, no matter if they are old or new. I like very much BSG and Stargate. On the other hand, my girlfriend is a fan of Startrek, so... you'll see me often in those threads too (my integrity is at stake ;)).

When i was very young i builded and painted plastic models of airplanes and some thanks, then after a large period i was absent of the hobby, and now i rejoined the activity, when time allows me. Recently i started with model papers, i found really great how it resolves 2d to 3d with paper! started with a macross vf-9 from designer urashiman, for testing porpuses and i love it! then i build the famous ninjatoes viper mk2, and same! so... i think i will go forward to paper model, pure or hibrid.

I promise to take photos of the plastic models, but for now i will post here the (few, unfortunate) pictures of this 2 paper models. I guess ill open a thread in model build categories-->science fiction and fantasy? im looking the forum, if i must start in any other place, im open ears for advice.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Just start a thread in the appropriate categories, though you can post the you have now as part of your Introduction. We do have a few people making plastic, we are not "paper purists". Whatever it takes! :)

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks! i enjoy it alot! as you can see, there is no guns in the viper, cof cof... i will finish it when i get hands of it. I know as a building perspective (this can be reflected in the photos) i lack expertise and experience, but i love this more and more every day, so the journey just begin for me.

I've already read the rules, and pretend to respect it and stay and grow here with you people. I've been looking here and there diferent topics and i like the place you have buil.

For the moment, you'll find me just having fun and building a few things. As a long range project, im thinking in learning how to and design stuff. Will see what's going on.. i have a basic experience with cad programs, so this will by starting from step 1 or so for me, but no problem. I've already looking in the cloud tutorials for designing, if you let me, i will ask you for support in this project (technical and psicological :p).

For the next days. im thinking of going with a level medium build, guess you'll see me in the next days showing something.

Have a nice weekend!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
So, you held back on us, eh? You are an expert modeler! All the better!! You models are "dead on". Crisp, straight lines. You can see you have talent. Thanks for posting these pictures. They're great!! :)

baxter16

May 3, 2015
welcome. I am a relative newbee too. every model gives experience and increases talent. :You don't ;have to be a purist, you just need to have fun making replicas to enjoy. your English is plenty good do not apologise.

cheers
bax