Hello everyone, need some ideas please!

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Hello everyone, its been a while since i posted here, but as some of you will remember, i lost my job this past February and still havent been able to find one that pays what i was makeing before. So with that said, my wife and me have decided to let our big house go and find a smaller apartment due to lack of income. Right now i have a layout that takes up my 22' x 24' garage. Im going to rent a big storage building to store my layout in, but i need some ideas on a nice simple, yet operable module type layout that will fit into an approximetly 2' wide by 8' long shelf. I dont want to give up my railroading, so i need to find something that will fit on a wall and out of the way. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
steve:confused:

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Well if your doing HO scale you'll probably be relegated to a yard and doing switching operations and such.If you switch to N scale you'd be able to do a lot more with that space of course.

Chris

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
On a 2' x 8' shelf you could take a timesaver and stretch it to make the sidings hold a more reasonable train length. Do some scenery and structures and you would have a fun switching layout.