handlaid crossover

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by SuperChiefRules, Dec 4, 2006.

1. SuperChiefRules

SuperChiefRules New Member

here are some pics of a crossover my dad just made. it took him awhile, but I think you guys will enjoy the end result:

All n scale code 55 btw, Fast Tracks was used, and it is about 18 real inches long!

2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Wow, Brian, That's a nice job! :thumb: I think it'll be a while before I attempt
    something like that!
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great job.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Great job there. Say congrats to you dad for a job well done :)
  5. OnTrack

OnTrack Member

Wow, that looks really nice. Id be proud of that for sure.
  6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

That does look good. Have to put that up front in place of honor on the layout.
    I could never do anything like that.....Nor would I attempt it.
  7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

AWSOME JOB AND NICELY DONE:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

SUPER JOB! I am looking to get the fast track jig to make a few turnouts, but I'm a long way off before I attempt what your Dad fabricated, that's beautiful.
  9. baldwinjl

baldwinjl Member

I'm the dad. Don't start with a double crossover, that's for sure. And even though this looks pretty good, the next one, if I was to do it would be better. I learn something new every time. I figure that this was the effort of 6 or 7 turnouts, with all of the frogs required for the crossing. And with everything all in one place it doesn't leave much room for the soldering iron, a finger, or much of anything else. I hope it works as good as it looks. A single truck pushed through by hand feels ok, but????????
  10. soat204

soat204 New Member

Boy for N-scale that must have taken some time an real craftsmeship. Awsome job, I hope the rest of the layout looks as good as a single crossover..lol
  11. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Just for us nosey ones, how many jigs did it take to make that crossover?
  12. baldwinjl

baldwinjl Member

It is one jig, but you use it twice, and then hook the two ends together. There is also a tool for making the switch frog points and another for the crossover points (all eight of them!)

13. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

I have found that if a docksider [an 0-4-0] can go through my turnouts then anything can. :)
    Just a thought.