H.O Sunday Photo Fun 6-13-04

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by sprink, Jun 13, 2004.

1. sprink

sprink Member

HIYA FELLAS!!!!!
    It's time for another installment of SPF. What have you magicians been up to lately? I've been beset by the Summer Flu since Friday so I haven't done much. As always, all pics are appreciated.
    I've whipped up some Pilsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls and some breakfast scramblers.There's coffee,tea,soda and water on the counter. ENJOY!!
  2. sprink

sprink Member

Here's a pic that I took some time ago. I kinda like it except for the Sword(I collect them) at the nose of the SD-60.
  3. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Aaaaaa! That's what it is :D

I thaught it was a missile or something :confused:

Nice work by the way :thumb: :thumb:

Where did you get that nice looking Coke Machine :confused: :thumb: :wave:
  4. sprink

sprink Member

I am embarassed to say that I can't rmember who makes the soda machine. I believe it is a fairly well known company though. They also have cases of soda in bottles . I love the little details. MellowMike and Jon Grant are unequalled in their attention to detail. Many others are as well, but they come to mind.Shamus and Mastiffdog are also phenominal.
    I looked at the other thread you have concerning first gen diesels and I too love 'em. I wish Atlas or someone would make a C630 or C636. I have the Stewarts which are very nice,but I'm getting spoiled with factory dcc and sound. Maybe Stewart will strike a deal with QSI.
  5. Joepomp

Joepomp Member

I don't think that building could support the weight of that engine in the real world;)
  6. CN1

CN1 Active Member

sprink don't be embarassed it's ok :D :D

I'll take a look at my hobby/train-shop.
    It looks realy good and you're right: little details makes a big difference :thumb:

There's just somethin' about older diesel isn't? :confused: :thumb:

I wish someone would make a C630 or C636 too.
    I can't afford brass and nowadays some plastic model are very well detailed too.
    I think I'll make the jump to sound this fall. I heard it's quite addictive.... :eek: :wave:
  7. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Since sprink has shown an older pic, I guess I can too

I almost feel sorry for the old ford, it looks lonely
  8. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Since it's called fun... Acme exterminators, "You have what on your roof?"

BTW, this is a new picture.
  9. Jon Grant

Jon Grant Member

I have been working on the Atlas signal tower this weekend, which is top secret at the moment, so here's a couple of pics of the U-boat I stuck a decoder in on Friday.

10. sprink

sprink Member

Fabulous bridge. Scratch built? How'd you do the Ford so convincingly?
    HEHEHEHEHEHE...... I love stuff like that. When I do another layout, I'm gonna have an "Easter Egg Hunt". You know, find the penquin in the car or where's the Giraffe or find the shark in the pool. Put the questions on a dry erase board or a chalk board and watch people start hunting.
    UH-OH. Conrail now too? I didn't know you were so eclectic.You need to sample some stuff on the otherside of the Mississippi as well. Armour Yellow and Harbormist Gray perhaps?
  11. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Thanks, The Bridge is a Juneco Howe truss craftsman kit. It was originaly a 150' but I built it 75' since that was how long my gap was. The ford is an Alloy Forms model (the junkyard cars set) and I hand formed the hood over the body of another ford using tin foil. It was given a quick brush on of white (so the metal color would still bleed through a bit) and then dry-brushed with Floquil roof brown and rust
  12. jubylives

jubylives New Member

I dabbled in some Armour yellow and harbor mist gray.

And a touch of blue.

13. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Real nice so far people.

Jon, nice locos, heck with the west, how about New England, BAR, MEC or B&M;)

Glen, nice bridge and scene:D

Fred and Sprink, nice scenes:)

Jeremy, someone finally got to UP:rolleyes::thumb:
  14. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Way to go guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  15. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice folks! Some great shots, Dash10 always love your sense of humor! How about next week we post this in the photo forum and let any scale be posted?
  16. sprink

sprink Member

EEEEEEEE!!!!!!! My beloved U.P as a fallen flag?
  17. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I'm not going to edit any "non-god's scale" photos. :D Post away! That might be a good idea next week sprink :thumb: . Put it in photos next week please. ;) Fred
  18. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

Nice work as usual! :thumb:

I finally got back to my culvert project. The High-line grade has some
    drainage problems and a culvert was badly needed.

Here's the ideal site for a culvert. It just took a small hammer to excavate
    the "bore".

I used WS plaster cast culvert pieces.

Here they are glued together with AC.

Test fitting.

The hole is painted flat black.

A wash of sand and india ink bring out some detail.

Sculptamold is used to fill in the contours.

Some added color and the plaster painted tan latex.

Some WS ground cover added.

More scenery "texture" is still needed as well as some detailing on the culvert stones. And some water, of course.
  19. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

That's a nice job on the culvert,:thumb: why is it we modelers do everything backwards from the real thing????:rolleyes::wave:
  20. pdt

pdt Member

Here are some models I have almost finished this weekend. They've been under construction for years (some as long as 11 years), and likely won't be completely finished for several more weeks. I wish my camera wasn't so terrible!