Greyhound Bus?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by spitfire, Oct 25, 2002.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hi all

Anyone know of an HO scale Greyhound bus model? I just picked up the Bachmann bus station (for less than 1/2 price, heheh) and I need some 50's era busses. I've seen the Flxible clippers on the Walthers site - would it be prototypically correct to re-paint on in Greyhound colours?

Attached Files:

2. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hi Val, Check out Pirate Models in the Walther's catalog...They make all kinds of bus models in HO.
  3. tomfassett

tomfassett Member

4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Seems like I remember Greyhounds looking like that...silver & white colors...
    How about decals...anybody carry those?
  5. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

The other place you may wanna check is the yahoo group 87scalecars. An entire forum dedicated to HO scale vehicles.
  6. Vic

Vic Active Member

Greyhound Bus

Hey Val, Downtown here there is a 1946 Greyhound bus and a bus terminal that goes back even further. Both have been turned into a barbcue place. If the weather will ever clear up...been raining for two week...we need it....I'll get you some pics that might help with the bus colors.
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Re: Greyhound Bus

Vic - that would be so great! Thank you.

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

Bus Pictures

Hi Val, It finally quit's some pics of the 1946 Greyhound. The original lettering has been removed but as far as I could tell the blue is the orginal.

Attached Files:

9. Vic

Vic Active Member

Pic #2

Attached Files:

10. Vic

Vic Active Member

Pic #3

Attached Files:

11. Vic

Vic Active Member

Pic #4

Attached Files:

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

Pic #5

Attached Files:

13. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks a lot Vic - you take photos just right too - from every angle. That's what I call reference!

14. acshrpe

acshrpe Member

If you need s Grayhound bus picture from the '70's I have just come across a couple. Let me know. I will keep them someplace that I can find them.
  15. Vic

Vic Active Member

One More Bus

Me and my buddy Ted take this old boy out for a ride every now and then just to keep that big 'ol Detroit Diesel loose!!:eek: :D

Manual transmisson and no power steering and it gets harder every time!!!:D :D :D

Attached Files:

• tb.jpg
      File size:
      48.1 KB
  16. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

acshrpe - thanks for the offer! Could you post them online do you think?

Wow, Vic - I'm jealous! Any chance you can shrink one of those buses to HO scale? Maybe put it through the washer and drier a few times...

Wonder why nobody makes a Greyhound bus model? It seems a natural to me. I can see that I'm going to have to do a lot of modifications to the flxible clipper model at the top of this thread to get a reasonable facsimile of those banded silver sides and back.

:D Val
  17. Vic

Vic Active Member

18. Vic

Vic Active Member

A Bus In Distress

Hi Val.......OMG!!!!! Look what happend to the Greyhound Bus!!:D

Attached Files:

19. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Hey Vic,
    Now I know what happened to those German JU52 aircraft after the war!! Greyhound must have cornered the masrket on them :D :D

20. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Vic - what is happening to the Gauge!!!!?????

There are monsters everywhere you look! Eoads, brontosauri, and now a giant 50-ft accountant run amok! (Maybe he's mad cuz the driver wouldn't wait for him).

LOL!:D :D :D

:eek: Val