Greyhound Bus?

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi all

Anyone know of an HO scale Greyhound bus model? I just picked up the Bachmann bus station (for less than 1/2 price, heheh) and I need some 50's era busses. I've seen the Flxible clippers on the Walthers site - would it be prototypically correct to re-paint on in Greyhound colours?

Cheers
Val

Attachments

• flxible.gif
    flxible.gif
    19 KB · Views: 333

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Seems like I remember Greyhounds looking like that...silver & white colors...
How about decals...anybody carry those?

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Greyhound Bus

Hey Val, Downtown here there is a 1946 Greyhound bus and a bus terminal that goes back even further. Both have been turned into a barbcue place. If the weather will ever clear up...been raining for two week...we need it....I'll get you some pics that might help with the bus colors.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Re: Greyhound Bus

Originally posted by Vic
Hey Val, Downtown here there is a 1946 Greyhound bus and a bus terminal that goes back even further. Both have been turned into a barbcue place. If the weather will ever clear up...been raining for two week...we need it....I'll get you some pics that might help with the bus colors.

Vic - that would be so great! Thank you.

Cheers
Val

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Bus Pictures

Hi Val, It finally quit raining....here's some pics of the 1946 Greyhound. The original lettering has been removed but as far as I could tell the blue is the orginal.

Attachments

• mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 211

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
One More Bus

Me and my buddy Ted take this old boy out for a ride every now and then just to keep that big 'ol Detroit Diesel loose!!:eek: :D

Manual transmisson and no power steering and it gets harder every time!!!:D :D :D

Attachments

• tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 174

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
acshrpe - thanks for the offer! Could you post them online do you think?

Wow, Vic - I'm jealous! Any chance you can shrink one of those buses to HO scale? Maybe put it through the washer and drier a few times...

Wonder why nobody makes a Greyhound bus model? It seems a natural to me. I can see that I'm going to have to do a lot of modifications to the flxible clipper model at the top of this thread to get a reasonable facsimile of those banded silver sides and back.

Cheers
:D Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Ru-u-u-u-u-u-u-n!

Vic - what is happening to the Gauge!!!!?????
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There are monsters everywhere you look! Eoads, brontosauri, and now a giant 50-ft accountant run amok! (Maybe he's mad cuz the driver wouldn't wait for him).

LOL!:D :D :D

cheers
:eek: Val