Greets to All

opadave

Jan 15, 2009
Southern California
I've been a lurker for too long. Thanks to Rhaven for pointing it out.
I don't get very much time to model anymore but when I do I usually
like to shrink things down tiny size. I enjoy occasionally pulling out my
Tomy HO slot cars (big boys, small toys) and racing with my grandchildren.
I'm currently recovering from a major back surgery and ended up helping
with a design project for a large exhibit that will be at Anaheim Convention Center in July (brainwork...).
After that it's on to running a multimedia
mentoring center at my church.

So-o-o-o, I may not be around a lot but when I can I will be commenting
much more. I've enjoyed a lot of evening browses in the past and hope to in the future.

Dave, aka opadave

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am glad that I was able to give you that boost that you needed to join in on all of the fun that we are having here.
We have MANY members here who like to shrink models down to a "MICRO" scale. I am certain that a few of them will say "HI" to you.

I hope that you make a STRONG and quick recovery from your surgery.

That sounds like quite the project that you took on. I hope that it all works out well for you.

By all means, please post photos of any models that you have already built (Even your slot cars).

Now I have to ask, do you custom make the bodies for your slot cars out of paper? If so, could you give us some insight as to how you make them or where you get the patterns?

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Paper bodies work really well on HO slot cars. You can make some wild looking stuff! :)

opadave

Jan 15, 2009
Southern California
Paper slot car bodies - HO scale

it's trial and error...I did a dirt track style body, posted on the slot car forums some time back. and I've been trial and erroring a Can Am style body. I shrunk down some plans I found but proportions didn't seem right.

I'll get some pix and scare everybody