Glue

plbab

Mar 21, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I am starting my first attempt at a N scale kit, it is a Walthers Conerstone kit. What glue should i be usins for this? Is Crazy glue good for this type kit? Thanks Paul :confused:

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
I highly recommend you use a plastic solvent type glue. It's liquid and you apply it with a little brush built into the cap. It's the greatest thing! It works by capillary action and a little bit goes a long way - merging the plastic together - and it dries very quickly. If you make a little mess, it evaporates!

The type I have is from Plastruct, but there are others like Ambroid available as well. I can't say enough good things about this stuff. :D

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I like the Testor's solvent type cement in the diamond shaped bottle with the long spout. I can use the spout to "dribble" glue down the inside of a wall or corner out of sight, or just put a puddle on a piece of glass or sheet metal, and apply to small details with a tooth pick. I have found it will even cause the surrounding plastic to adhere to small brass grab irons and other details installed on cars and locomotives, if there is a pin on the detail to go through the shell.