Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by plbab, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. plbab

    plbab Member

    I am starting my first attempt at a N scale kit, it is a Walthers Conerstone kit. What glue should i be usins for this? Is Crazy glue good for this type kit? Thanks Paul :confused:
  2. Arlaghan

    Arlaghan Member

    I highly recommend you use a plastic solvent type glue. It's liquid and you apply it with a little brush built into the cap. It's the greatest thing! It works by capillary action and a little bit goes a long way - merging the plastic together - and it dries very quickly. If you make a little mess, it evaporates!

    The type I have is from Plastruct, but there are others like Ambroid available as well. I can't say enough good things about this stuff. :D
  3. Racharg

    Racharg Member

    Not to mention that with plastic sovent glue, you have to go out of your way to glue your fingers together:oops:
  4. Russ Bellinis

    Russ Bellinis Active Member

    I like the Testor's solvent type cement in the diamond shaped bottle with the long spout. I can use the spout to "dribble" glue down the inside of a wall or corner out of sight, or just put a puddle on a piece of glass or sheet metal, and apply to small details with a tooth pick. I have found it will even cause the surrounding plastic to adhere to small brass grab irons and other details installed on cars and locomotives, if there is a pin on the detail to go through the shell.
  5. fuego

    fuego New Member

    This web site will be of help for everyone. It tells you what glue to use for any material.

Share This Page