Gloster Meteor Mk. IV

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dreieich, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
Just wanted to share some nice views recorded some weeks ago :)

Im more into RC in the summertime. Papercrafting is a biiiiiit off focus at the moment :D

The model was started by a couple of guys around 2009 afaik and the first rumours were heard in 2011.
Sadly the builder deceased and the project was never finished.
I managed to lay my hands on all the stuff and bought what was leftover including the first and only flying prototype of that beauty.

Flown by me for the first time mid April Im looking forward to many many more flights. Its an awesome flyer. WE started to finish the project to maybe build one or two more
smile.gif

Im just happy with that awesome plane (and bragging a bit tbh ^^)

Powered by two WeMoTec MiniFan Evo with 5 cells its a very wconomic flyer too.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That is a big plane! I must confess I would never dare to fly one of those because I would always fear to destroy such a beautiful model. Kudos for everyone who knows how to fly it (and bring it down again properly, of course)! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thank you :) Its not that hard as it looks. Its like driving a car. If you know what you do its fairly easy :D
You need a bit training tho tbh.
Operating RC vehicles (or being a drone pilot) is something that I have always wanted to try my hand at.
I have a few friends that are drone pilots and they have said the very same thing.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I must admit I would try my hand at launching a Saturn V model though. Pushing a button should be not too difficult for a beginner. ;)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
My neuropathy has taken any skill I had at flying or even driving RC. I had an ExtraEZ 40, and raced 1/10th scale cars. Those were the days when I had more $ than sense.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Geez!! You bang out these perfect models like your sign your name. That is a big plane, and it looses nothing in details. Freakin' awesome!! :)

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My neuropathy has taken any skill I had at flying or even driving RC. I had an ExtraEZ 40, and raced 1/10th scale cars. Those were the days when I had more $ than sense.
I have a Trojan and SE_5 BiPlane R/C planes new in the box, as my neck has trouble looking up for a long time. Brand new, never flown. I know what you're feeling. I have a trigger finger now. 2 days ago, I finished putting up a section of siding I had to redo, and that hammering was not fun at all. My finger kept locking up. :)

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dreieich, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
Geez!! You bang out these perfect models like your sign your name. That is a big plane, and it looses nothing in details. Freakin' awesome!! :)
Thanks buddy. But as I said in the starting post: I did not build this beauty, I just bought the remainders of the started project including the only flying prototype which is the yellow model. Nevertheless its an awesome plane to fly and we sure will complete the project in the near future :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You have done a great job finishing off the project. You also really know hot to your fly R/C planes. The video was very entertaining to watch. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Just out of curiosity, what are you making the wind mould out of? ;)