Gloom y Doom

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rockislandmike, Mar 1, 2002.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Got a couple rolls back from the photoshop today, and couldn't resist posting these. Certainly nowhere near the work of most others on this board, but I like the way they turned out gloomy, as if it was a dark, cloudy day.

PS - the orange "film cannisters" in front will eventually be a refueling station. I already have them decaled, now need to weather them.

Attached Files:

2. rockislandmike

Attached Files:

3. Peirce

Peirce Member

I like those pictures. There is a good realistic feel about them.
  4. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Looks like the weather around here today...except without the rain...

-Rory
  5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Mike,
    I'll bet that looks even better as your eye follows a train through the scene!
    Is that an SDP40F you're kitbashing?
    Pete.
  6. rockislandmike

lol kitbashing? me? now that's funny.

seriously though, i'm nowhere near kitbashing yet; i haven't even detailed any locos that i own, never mind super-detailing 'em.

The F40PH in the top pic is a repainted/lettered dummy unit, now belonging to HELM Financial (the tan/black/green paint job is courtesy of the now defunct Reckless & Veiled Railroad, whom my layout is named after). Originally received as a powered Life-Like Amtrak unit that sucked from the get-go (hand-me-down from my brother), so I stripped all the gears to convert it to a dummy.

The front ROCK (#5884) is a Pemco SD35; the second (#4425) a Bachmann U36B.
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great pics Mike!:cool:
    I really kike that free-lance paint scheme!
  8. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Mike,
    It was the multicolor paint job that made me think it was a kitbash. You're right about the regular LifeLike product line. On the other hand the Heritage series 2-8-8-2's I have are the sweetest running steam locos I've ever seen.