Gloom y Doom

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rockislandmike, Mar 1, 2002.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Got a couple rolls back from the photoshop today, and couldn't resist posting these. Certainly nowhere near the work of most others on this board, but I like the way they turned out gloomy, as if it was a dark, cloudy day.

PS - the orange "film cannisters" in front will eventually be a refueling station. I already have them decaled, now need to weather them.

Attached Files:

2. rockislandmike

Attached Files:

3. Peirce

Peirce Member

I like those pictures. There is a good realistic feel about them.
  4. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Looks like the weather around here today...except without the rain...

5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I'll bet that looks even better as your eye follows a train through the scene!
    Is that an SDP40F you're kitbashing?
  6. rockislandmike

lol kitbashing? me? now that's funny.

seriously though, i'm nowhere near kitbashing yet; i haven't even detailed any locos that i own, never mind super-detailing 'em.

The F40PH in the top pic is a repainted/lettered dummy unit, now belonging to HELM Financial (the tan/black/green paint job is courtesy of the now defunct Reckless & Veiled Railroad, whom my layout is named after). Originally received as a powered Life-Like Amtrak unit that sucked from the get-go (hand-me-down from my brother), so I stripped all the gears to convert it to a dummy.

The front ROCK (#5884) is a Pemco SD35; the second (#4425) a Bachmann U36B.
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great pics Mike!:cool:
    I really kike that free-lance paint scheme!
  8. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

It was the multicolor paint job that made me think it was a kitbash. You're right about the regular LifeLike product line. On the other hand the Heritage series 2-8-8-2's I have are the sweetest running steam locos I've ever seen.