Getting the hang of it

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Nov 30, 2002.

1. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

That is some great work Val, just fanTAStic!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Blimblammin plastic people, I dunno how you can live by 'em!

Awesome photos Val!!! I have to direct my funds to the layout or it will never be, but once it's rollin' along well, guess hwat I'm savin up for??? Ya, I bet that interface is funny. I can see me reachin around for a big honkin' zoom to focus and compose, then wonderin' where's the "cathzeeeeek" as the auto winder spins the film at 3.5 frames/sec. I was thinking about getting something less expensive but almost as high end, but I think I'll wait and go all out.
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

And the little tiny dogs! All that infernal extremely high-pitched yapping!

Seriously though Jon, when you do go shopping for a camera, you won't regret going high-end. A lot of cameras boast macro settings, but unless it's in the neighbourhood of 1" - 2", you probably won't be satisfied with it. I tried to save a little cash by buying a lower mid-range Pentax but it had neither the control over depth of field, or the macro capabilities that are needed for good model photos. I returned it and got the Olympus Ultra Zoom. It ended up costing me over a $1200 Cdn. what with accessories and sales tax but worth every penny!

BTW, thanks everyone, for all the compliments. You folks are making my day!

:D Val