Gearz' Galactica Build...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doc_harvey, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

Excellent.... finally some parts without major nits..

I can feel a trip to the local printers comin on!. Pant pant pant..

Nice shape build Doc ~ great work!!

:-D :-D
  2. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

OOO yeah!

Thanks Gearz. There's not many things I like better than being able to say "I told you so" :twisted: , so I'll really appreciate any opportunities you provide.

On the serious side I'm still way behind DOC there. I'll actually be pasting that little nose panel section on tonight, then I can add the decorations and move on to the mid section. I've been suffering from the too-many-projects-on-the-go syndrome lately so I'll try to force myself to focus on this build for the next few days.

3. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Working on the LB arms now....I'll post some build pics tomorrow...BTW, does anyone mind that I'm posting sort if "step by step" build pics? It's just kinda fun for me to do, and I thought that it might help other builders work on it when it gets released...But I'll stop if it's annoying...let me know...I have tomorrow off (please don't forget to thank a vet tomorrow :) ) and will have all day to work on her, so I should be close to working on the engine module tomorrow! Can't wait!
  4. Gearz

Gearz Member

Steve ~ LOL... Yep! humble pie is a staple in my diet! Glad to be of service! To many projects !!! tell me of one modeller that doesn't suffer from that, ~ I'm out of time ~ the Galactica isn't even finished ~ and I'm already working on about five other projects. = its a drug!!

Doc ~ NOOOoooooo... DON'T STOP !!! No cliff hangers please!!! Come on spectators, the model hasn't been released yet !!! get typing or.. or ..or.... I'll take my model and go home. ......
    So there !!! 8)
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Bring it on Doc!!!

Love the textures in this model! Awesome job Gearz!

6. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

*brings out the cat-o-nine tails*

Alright, ye scurrrvy dogs... ye best be makin' some comments 'afore I gets tha' itch to start swingin'...

/pirate off

Looking good Doc! :wink:
  7. FlyGuy

FlyGuy New Member

Doc -

She's looking great, Keep it coming!
  8. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

beta build vs. textured...

Attached Files:

9. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

lb struts

Attached Files:

10. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

struts done...

Attached Files:

11. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I'm a little leary about where exactly to place the stuts, Gearz. Do they go flush with the top and then flush with each end? That's where they were on the I guess that's where I'll stick 'em....
  12. ulious

ulious Member

Is it just me or does the overall design look like an ant on skis?

I don't mean your design, I mean the one from the show.
  13. Gearz

Gearz Member

Yep .. flush with the ends and top..There's placement gfx on pages 6 and 7 of the AG..
  14. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Attached Files:

15. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

I've alway said "An alligator on water skis" myself.

Scott K.
  16. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

design note...

one of the "MID LB ARMS" is missing a tab...

LB's are attached, had some trouble getting all three points to attach on the starboard side, but due to build technique, not design....

Attached Files:

17. Gearz

Gearz Member

Oooops Panic attack ! If its not to late... I should have pointed out a potential nuisance with the engine ducting parts. Regardless of any modifications they will need, In my rush to forward it, I've left a bunch of tiny flaps on a majority of the ducting parts, = I should have removed them on the bitmaps..

Sorry about that guys.!

18. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

There's a tab missing on part #8 (upper "shoulder" part of engine module)
  19. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks Doc ..all corrected up to this point..
  20. ekuth

ekuth Active Member