Gauge Running Slow

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Dec 17, 2005.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Is the gauge running slow for anyone else????? As of this post.....
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yes, it was running way slow most of yesterday. Some threads I gave up on reading last night because they didn't want to open. When I posted something, it wouldn't return me back from the composition window.

Right now all seems to be OK again.
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Uhhh, I take that back,,,, wayyy back. I opened this thread quckly, then it took forever to get back to the main window, then I had trouble reopening this same thread.

This has happened before, but not quite this bad.
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I timed it out and clicked on the "go to first new post" arrow on the "Looking back..." thread, and it took 3 minutes to bring it up. I have seen complaints on other forums regarding this problem on the Gauge these past few days.
  5. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

don't seem any slower to me but with the issues i'm having with my provider it wouldn't make any difference any way.
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Yup, slow for me at 1:30 CST Saturday.

Seems to run better if I access each board from the home page instead of hitting "new posts".

7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I notified Peter, He's working on it. We may have overtaxed the server (again)
  8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Well, it looks like Peter has been working since right now it seems to be back to normal. It's been at it's worse for about 24 hours now, but I've been able to move around quite will the past few minuits now. :DLet's hope it stays that way.:rolleyes:
  9. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

...Nope, it didn't. Back to slow, so it seems a bit intermittent.
  10. Marxed

Marxed Member

its the fastest i've seen the forum in awhile right now
  11. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

as of this moment, it's running sloooooowww, but just a couple of minutes ago it was just fine.
  12. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

the only problem i'm having is when i hit the quick post button it sends me to a cannot find page error but then the post shows up ?? :(
  13. interurban

interurban Active Member

It is running slow.
  14. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

I have not been able to get on to the forum until now. The front page takes for ever to load. I got on this time by walking away from the computer and when I came back the Gauge was here.
  15. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Yes, it's slow for me. I've almost done a game of free-cell waiting for three threads and a reply to load.
  16. Marxed

Marxed Member

still zoooming lightening fast here... loading time is under one second when i open threads into a new window
  17. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Still slow here.
    FEMA was quicker..........
    Still waiting...............In fact, I'm typing waiting for this to load up.
  18. ausien

ausien Active Member

its painfuly slowwwww here, get to 3/4 load in the bar box, then seems to take a nap. and then sudenly says, I was doing somtin, OH, yer this....and pops up the thread, or reply or what ever.....