Gauge Railway Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Nov 15, 2002.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Hi Guys - I FINALLY got a chance to finish the First - the One & Only (So Far) :)

Gauge (Ford) Blue Snow Plow - in G of course!! LOL
    :D :D :D

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Pretty cool, Mikey! What's inside the gondo? Hey what's that little train up on level 2 in the background?
  3. N Gauger

Thanks!!! Inside the gondo is a piece of Balsa Wood painted with ceramic paint (lava) to look like a concrete block. I also "dirtied up" the inside & top of the walls to mimic overflow. I had to put about 10 oz. of lead weight in it to counter balance the plow. :) :)

On the Second level is an Ore Ttrain. The engine was scratch built from the "Little Yellow LGB" Ore train set from about 10 Yrs ago. I built it out of wood trim and took all the tools from the Gandy-Dancer cars and glued them on. :)

~~ Mikey
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Very nice Mikey. Any decals forthcoming? I presume weight is needed in that gondo.
  5. McFortner

McFortner Member

Now that is a thing of beauty. I would never have thought of that for The Gauge Railroad.

Of course, since I came up with the idea of The Gauge Railroad ( HONEST, I did! ;) ) I can be proud of all my second railroad's cars.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Hey, with the NSR and GAUG/TGR being my ideas, that makes me a railroad tycoon!

Ah, it's good to be a robber baron (nothing against The Robber Baron). :D

6. N Gauger

That's why I was kinda rushing it - I wanted to build & post it before anybody else got the idea. I needed One for the MF&W anyway - So I figured I'd lease it from The-Gauge - LOL

NO you can't collect rental - You "Robber Baron" you... :) :D :)

Matthyro: see my post above, I had to put a bunch of lead in it, but in Scale, I have a simulated Concrete block in it - Pics will come soon....... :)

Wait a minute - You just gave me an Idea............. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

8. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

looks great mikey so you finely got that plow :D :D rich
  9. NYCentral

NYCentral Member

Great job!! Mike!! very well done!!
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Mikey, thats a hell of a nice snow shifter there my friend. Love the colour blue also, did you mix that yourself.
  11. N Gauger

Thanks guys - I have One more pic to post - check back tonight or tomorrow!! :) :)

Rich - You were the Only one to know I was planning this :) :) Thanks!!

Shamus - No I can't mix paint that color :) It's Ford Blue - right out of the spray can. :) I did however, prime the gray (Aristo) plow with dark gray primer then a light spray of black primer then the "blue" - it makes the color a deeper tint.
    Something I learned by working with real cars. :D

Michael, thanks for adding it to the Official Site!!!!!!!!!! :D

~~ Mikey
  12. Mikey, I tried to view your pics, but they didn't finish downloading. All I'm getting is the upper half of each. :mad: :rolleyes: :(

I'll try again later. :)
  13. justind

justind Member

Nice job, and that is a beautiful steam...
  14. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Nice Job. Excellent work.
  15. N Gauger

Well, the designers of The M F & W RR talked to each other about the above statement. I really should oversee these meetings, :(

When the morning crew showed up, they found this!!! :D :eek: :eek: :D

Needless to say, The New Crane can be used now and the gentlemen with axes & badges have departed. But I'm still not too sure about the new counterweight....

Thanks Robin..... I think ........ :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

~~ Mikey :) :)
  16. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

17. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Great Job

Fine looking job on that snow plow, an at-a-boy is in order.
    OH NO, is that THE BOX is see inside? :eek: :rolleyes:
  18. N Gauger

Thank you..................thank you very much!! :) :) :)

I thought you all would like the last pic!! You guys are SUCH a baaaaaD influence.. ROFL!!!!!! :D :D

~~ Mikey
  19. N Gauger

coal Ballast load

Added a Load of Coal for weight to the plow :)

Attached Files: