Gauge Layout Party Poll

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Dec 29, 2004.

When do we want to party??? :D :D

Poll closed Jan 5, 2005.
  1. Jan 15th to Feb 27th

0 vote(s)
  2. Jan 29th to March 13th

0 vote(s)
  3. February 12th to March 27th

0 vote(s)
  1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Well - It's time to pick the dates for the next party - It's time for No. 5..

Another 6 week Gauge Layout party!!!
  2. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

First to vote! I feel like one of those little towns in New Hampshire where the whole town votes at midnight.

Ok, lets close the ballot and let me have my way.

I voted the middle choice. It's going to take a month for me just to prepare.

Added: First time party-goer!
  3. seanm

seanm Member

Can you fill in someone who is sorta new to what this is... It is a virtual party? Are there rules? Thanks!!
  4. N Gauger

Whoops!! Seanm has reminded me that I forgot to post the particulars :) :)

The Rules:

~~~ Anything Model Railroading Related is ok - anything you decide to start for your layout or finish a section or project that you already started.

~~~ Pics are always a good thing (Eye Candy isn't fattening)

~~~ You have to have some idea on what you can do in 1 month or 6 weeks It feels good to actually accomplish something like this

~~~ H A V E :) F U N -- If you ain't enjoying it....You ain't doing it right!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ The Party is set up so that you can get feedback on any progress you make or problems you need answered. You can ask any questions during the party that pertain to the work you are doing in order to get it finished within the 6 weeks :)

~~~ you are encouraged to help other party goers in their progress

Here's the links to the last 3 Gauge Layout Parties :) :)

Gauge Party 4

Gauge Party 3

Gauge 2nd layout Party

.........and us veterans can look back on what we have done too :D :D
  5. seanm

seanm Member

Cool! I think I get it. Thanks!
  6. seanm

seanm Member

I voted for the 15th cause I have a week off at near then and can get a good start.....but what ever it is, I will be participating. Just purchased over $500 worth of track and turnouts to get started. Benchwork is almost done. Maybe it will be the helix for my project.... we shall see.
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

Ok Mikey,here's my plan.

1. Get all the track that is already down wired up so I can at least run a train back and forth.

2. Once 1 is done I hope to get the track laid up to the proposed industrial park.

3. Get the HOn30 layout wired and in runable condition.

4. Scratchbuild some cars for the HOn30 railroad (am currently scratchbuilding a passenger coach right now).

There are other things on the list but I'll get these done before I worry about them.

By the way I will be starting on the layout on 1-9-05 irregardless of the actually party staring time. :D
  8. revandy

revandy Member

I'm a newby, but went with the middle one, I figure by them the hubbub of the Holidays will be over, the wallet a little fatter, and it will give me the incentive to start the benchwork going!
  9. N Gauger

That's Exactly why we do these parties... :D :D You have been assimulated...resistance is futile!!! :D :D Motivation is our best "Side Effect" for these parties... now figure out how much you want to acomplish in 6 weeks 76 Go for it - once the party starts :) :)
  10. N Gauger

LOL Catt! Yeah - we know how dedicated you are :) :) Best of Luck & take some pics!!! :D
  11. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Well, I notice that my Reading Week (ie break) will be covered in any one of the dates we're voting on, so I have no preference!! Whatever you all decide will be fine by me! :thumb:

12. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Yay! A New Layout Party!

Well, anytime is a fine Gauge Layout Party time. :thumb: Whenever it begins, count me in! :wave: :)
  13. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

I'm actually going to try and participate in this one now that I have a little digital camera and there are big things going on on my railway

14. COCentralRR

COCentralRR New Member

Wow, what a great way to prod me into working on my layout! I vote for the middle selection; I had no idea how expensive Thomas the train was for my daughter, my plastic needs to recover!