Garahbara Piccies

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Following on from the "Sneak Preview", I've now got the full piccies. A little dissapionted actually. They were taken with a "StyleCam" digital camera. Pretty basic one. No focus, aperture, or shutter adjustment. "point & click" type of camera. Only adjustment is flash/no flash/auto flash. The flash was not used for the pics. They were also taken at the highest resolution. No macro/closeup function. The pics themselves are OK, but the quality is a bit crappy. I also fiddled with the "focus" function of my photo editor.

NSW Government Railiways 3801 passes through Garahbara Gully

Attachments

• 3801pass.jpg
    3801pass.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 93

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
A goods service awaits clearance to depart Garahbara. Circa 1922. It's actually a IHC Mogul (not found on Australian railways, but never mind!:eek: )

Attachments

• goodssheddepart.jpg
    goodssheddepart.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 89

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Victorian Railways T Class passenger service arrives at Garahbara Gully. Only 5 of the combined goods/passengers prototype carraiges were made.

Attachments

• t&bceclassarrive.jpg
    t&bceclassarrive.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 80

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
The goods service has departed! Many many of these wooden guard's vans (cabooses) were made and use for more than 90 years on the Victorian Railways.

Attachments

• zvanshed.jpg
    zvanshed.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 78

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Woodie,
Those photos are very good, just needed to be a little sharper perhaps but the colour isn't far off. Anyway, they show a very good Railroad Modeller with some excellent looking scenery.
Shamus

boppa

Jul 21, 2002
australia
au.geocities.com
woodie-that speckled appearance i found was often insufficent light for the ccd to work properly
btw if got a laptop(or even up to dragging the desktop nearby) so that experimening can be instant(different lights etc)

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Boppa,

The lighting was the best I could do at the time. It was only a pretty basic camera. No cables either, so couldn't do the "instant" thing. The pics on the website were taken with Purple's (Toni) from SSSF camera. A much better camera, using the same lighting.

A sample of what a better camera can do.

Attachments

• tclasshousepub.jpg
    tclasshousepub.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 49