FW26B My 1st F1 Model!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by goodduck, Oct 7, 2010.

1. goodduck

goodduck Active Member

This is the Williams FW26B offer by METMANIA. Originally, it was a 12" kit designed to print on A4 paper. Being me, I like large scale model. I scaled it up to fit on A3 paper. The car goes from 12" to around 17.25". Too cool!

This is my 1st F1 model ever. I came across METMANIA 's site well over a years ago. Not much of a F1 model fan, but do enjoy looking at his stuff very much. Finally, I download this FW26 and started building on and off about little over two months ago. The past couple days I was going full throttle, warp 10!

Even it is a big model. It still got a a lots of small tiny parts to cut and glue. I can't see myself doing that stuff on a 1/24 scale. Anyway, I follow the instruction almost to the letter. But a few time I jumped ahead and that where I made some mistakes. Sometime I wish I did jump head to make parts easier to glue. And Some time I hold off gluing parts till later like in Part #1. It have you glue A-3 reinforcement box inside the nose cone. Don't, not yet! Wait till you finish all the front suspensions and deflectors in Part #2 and glued them in place first before you glue A-3 in. Cause if you follow the instructions in part #1. You may have problem firmly gluing the suspensions arm's taps inside the nose cone. After that, you can just push A-3 in the nose cone till it sit firmly inside. The biggest mistake I made is cutting two notch to the air induction's spine as instructions in Part #3 for two wings to be install in Part #6. The instructions is for building FW26 only, not for the FW26B that I'm building. FW26B don't have the two spine wings. My fault! I should have check with the FW26B pictures first. All and all. it is a awesome model. I love it. I'm now a F1 model fan! Learned a few thing from this FW26B. When I build the FW26, I will know what to look for and don't make the same mistake again.

Enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. desney

desney New Member

that was a great build allen! :thumb:

had that kit way back, tried to build it but it's in my backburner ever since, your work makes me wanna try a second time around

btw, what paper did you use?
  3. goodduck

goodduck Active Member

Epson A3 matte. I also cover the paper with 4 coats of crystal clear before I start cutting. After I done build. I cover the model with two more coats. That didn't give me the high glass look, just semi glass that you seeing right now. Not that I'm looking for a glassy look. I just want to protect the model.