Full Size backyard Railroad

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by N Gauger, May 27, 2008.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

I saw that. And so did my wife. And quess what my wife said.:cry: Oh well, It's nice to dream.

3. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

thats pretty amazing,but im pretty sure my outdoor railroad dream will never be realized (good by alleghany :D ) --josh
  4. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Gees.....I want a good size yard for a G scale.

Still ticks me off though the media still calls our models...."toys".
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

yeah - I noticed that too... :eek: wall1wall1wall1wall1
  6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

He is a very lucky man to have a railroad in his backyard. What I wouldn't do to have one in mine. :D
  7. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Very nice. Looked like narrow gauge :p

I've always dreamed of something like that with a 2', 30", or 3' gauge 0-4-0t. My dad had an old acquaintance with a 2' gauge railroads in his woods..
    Steam Locomotive Information
  8. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Last year we took my two grandsons to the Orange Empire Railroad Museum for a "Day out with Thomas." While there I became a member of the museum. A really interesting exhibit there is Ward Kimball's narrow gauge railroad. Ward was Walt Disney's head animator for many years. I guess he had a large piece of property in Glendale or Burbank. He built a narrow gauge railroad in his yard and bought and restored locomotives and rolling stock from a Hawiian sugar cane & pineapple plantation that changed from steam to trucks in the late 1940's.

When he passed away in his early 90's, his family donated his full sized trains to the museum.