frustration has passed..

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by csxengineer, Sep 1, 2003.

1. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

Went to Ohiopyle, Pa today for a nature walk and inspiration. This is between Cumberland and Connelsville, Pa on CSX. The people kayaking, the rapids, and the serenity of appalachian railroading, has inspired me to continue working on my layout with a very strong similarity to Lionel Strang's "appalachian central" layout. Mine is 8' x 10', but follows some of his ideas. I feel better now, and I might sell some unneeded N scale stuff on ebay soon.
  2. belg

belg Member

Why not give us a shot at it first as long as you get your price for it. You could make some of us happy and serene in the mean time.IMHO
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Glad to hear you are back at it. Strang's layout is a nice one.
  4. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

It's fine to hear that your frustration has vanished.

Earlier or later we all have such moments. But then it takes some fresh air in the head - and suddenly you find a new viewpoint, a new challenge and new courage to tackle something different.

Glad to have you back in the crowd!

5. CN1

CN1 Active Member

It's hard to do some nice work when your focus is not quite there.

When I get frustrated I walk away..
  6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Pleased to hear the inspiration has returned.
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Good to hear CSX!

One of the cool things about our hobby is that there are so many facets to it. When I get frustrated with one thing, I like to set it aside and work on something that is pure enjoyment - for me that's putting together a new building.

Anyway, I'm glad you've got your inspiration back!