Frog it , so I did

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
New Niagara Museum?? I've been locked in the basement too long!:D That may be the one for which Jim Ellis has done some models. He lives not too far from me, although we've not met: I don't like to be too much of a pest, except maybe here. His layout was featured in RMC a couple of years back, and he does some really nice work. I built a house and barn for the Erland Lee Museum, home of the first Women's Institute, in Stoney Creek. They have a representation of the radial line that ran between Hamilton and Beamsville: the layout is in the basement of the Museum and at present is using the Bachmann trolleys as motive power.
I was fortunate that the prototype was available to take measurements: it's the former Nash residence, which sits now in Battlefield Park in Stoney Creek, after being moved from its former site west of there.

Wayne

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Wildcatfootball said:
What street cars are those?

The one with the pole under the frog is a scratch built model of the Grand River R/R interurban, which ment it was a early intercity electric railway.
Check out the web for Electrics of Southern Ontario. here http://www.trainweb.org/elso/
The orange car is a box motor, they again did interurban work but picked up freight at several stops.
The imbetween motive power was called a combine that moved passenger and freight in the same car.

Street cars mainly served the city streets.