For Irantala: IJNS Shikishima

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Gregory Shoda, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Irantala asked to see photos of my most recent model, Shikishima. I have not posted any photos of it until now because I am not satisfied of its versimilitude with the original. I used Japanese plans, which may have not been as well executed as they appeared at first light.

I post this one photo, which is at an angle which give the best impression of what the original ship looked like. FYI the model is a bit shy of 9 inches long.

Attached Files:

2. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

very nice build gregory I think it came out geat so don't go punishing yourself!!
  3. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

4. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

A well executed build of a difficult subject. You should be proud of it.
  5. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

Another nice one, Greg! I'm still going to save the picture for my reference/inspiration file.

(who still has yet to finish his Agincourt:rolleyes:)
  6. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Maiko: Thanks.

SK: Let's get working on the Agincourt. FYI I saw some nice line drawings on World Naval Forums of Espana & Moreno. Not British, but of the same period.
  7. tekzo

tekzo Member

cool, is it ww2 or WW1 era?
  8. atlas83

atlas83 New Member

Very fine job Gregory :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: . I am very found of all WW1 and before boats.

Congratulations from France

9. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

atlas83: Thanks.

tekzo: Thanks. In answer to your question, Shikishima was commissioned in January 1900. She fought in the Battle of Fort Arthur, the Battle of the Yellow Sea, and the Battle of Tsushima during the Russo-Japanese War. She was disarmed in 1922 and used as a hulk until scrapped in 1948.
  10. jrantala

jrantala New Member

That is a nice one!

Personally, I think these early 1900's / late 1800's warships are beauties compared to later ones...
  11. paranoia

paranoia New Member