FN Richelieu 1/200 scratch build

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by barry, Mar 29, 2009.

1. barry

barry Active Member

Always wanted to do this one it's just such a beautiful hull.

The tower platforms are just piled up like bricks until I can get the blast screens completed.

Attached Files:

2. David H

David H Member

That is indeed a very sleek looking hull and the tower and funnel are set a stylish distance aft. Very nice as always.

3. barry

barry Active Member

Slow progress

It's been slow progress on Richelieu mostly testing gun parts nothing is glued in place as yet

Attached Files:

4. barry

barry Active Member

Final stages

Time seems to have marched on a bit since I last posted on this ship hopefully all the last repetitive bits will get done

Attached Files:

5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Beautiful, Barry......just beautiful.

Good to see you here again! Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.
  6. Teamski

Teamski Member

Once again, an amazing model, Barry! I just don't know how you do it!

7. barry

barry Active Member

Thanks for stopping by and the kind words
  8. drybone12

drybone12 New Member

i must be your apprentice
  9. doctormaxart

doctormaxart New Member

You know till I found this hobby of card modeling I had never heard Richelieu or some other beautiful ships and seeing them just makes me think of what other beautiful things have been done in card and not plastic or have but would never have been stocked by the shops in Ireland where you can find maybe Titanic, Hood, Bismark and a few others. All this makes me wish I found this hobby years ago.
  10. barry

barry Active Member

ships rails

Got to agree with you Max I wish I had more time left the years speed away very quickly these days.

Progress is very slow these days although the finish is in sight. The rails are thread stiffened with crazy glue. Of course the stanchion that slipped has got to be in the middle of the picture.

Attached Files:

11. Hi-Torque

Hi-Torque Member

That is truly beautiful work and very impressive to be scratch built. You know I have some 1:200 sailors lying around somewhere...maybe you could make up a work party for your stanchion.

One of the things I find enjoyable about modeling, is the research involved. So many subjects are from times gone by. I often find myself devoting more time to reading up on a subject than the model requires.
  12. barry

barry Active Member

Nearing the end

I am not keeping up very well these days so my apologies for comments missed etc.

Golden Bear let me have his design for the big French style galley boat which got me past a big block I just could not get it right. Richelieu is due to go into a small section of Brighton Ats festival in a week so I had to get my finger out.

Still working out what is fitted on the upper bridge I believe it is binoculaers but although this ship is not that far in the past some details are difficult to pin down.

Attached Files:

13. barry

barry Active Member

Nearing the end

Sorry double post.