first time with scenery

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
thought I would share a pic of an scene i came up with today,,, I wanted to lay some track and kind of experiment with other things so this is it,,,,,,, nothing is weathered and it is nothing like I have seen on here but all in all it turned out pretty good,,,,also stuck a t-rex in it just for fun,,,, ,,, it is not a part of the layout, I just put it on a piece of foam to try a few things out,,,,,,

Attachments

• misc5-new 034.jpg
    misc5-new 034.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 212

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
one more pic,,, this one you can see the t-rex in the back ground,,,, you have to have fun with it , right,,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,, st

Attachments

• misc5-new 036.jpg
    misc5-new 036.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 211

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
thanks guys,,, Jim, this will not be part of the layout, but the buildings and water tower(which is not painted yet) will be,,,,, I just wanted to see if I could ballast the track and make it look half way right,,,,, then once i got started I couldnt stop,,,, ,,, cant wait to get started on the real deal,,,,,,hopefully next week sometime,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, st

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
sidetracked said:
I just wanted to see if I could ballast the track and make it look half way right,,,,, then once i got started I couldnt stop
We all now know that you can ballast track and make it look really good. And the landscape, it´s really good too. Good job :thumb:

kirkendale

May 24, 2004
sidetracked looks good, I do believe that the late great John Allen also had a t-rex lurking in the back ground,,, when asked about it his reply was that it lived there. sign1

kj

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
kirkendale said:
sidetracked looks good, I do believe that the late great John Allen also had a t-rex lurking in the back ground,,, when asked about it his reply was that it lived there. sign1

kj

Actually, I think that it was a Stegosaurus, and it worked for the railroad on the maintenance of way gang. He had it numbered as No. 13, I think.
Sidetracked, your diorama looks great!:thumb: And you are right: ya gotta have fun!!:D

Wayne

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
"He just lives there",,,, thats great,,,,,this t-rex doesnt actually live there,,, he just came down out of the mountains for a little dinner,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,,, st

Attachments

• misc5-new 041.jpg
    misc5-new 041.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 146

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
ok,,, it is three in the morning and I cant sleep and am bored,, I think I have reached the end of the internet so thought I would post another pic,,,, this is the first attempt at a rock,,,,,, I also painted the rails ,,, ,,,, got a lot of the track laid tonight kinda how I want it but need to order a few more switches and a little track,,, may have some layout pics up before too long,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,,, st

Attachments

• misc5-new 078.jpg
    misc5-new 078.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 61