first time with scenery

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by sidetracked, Jan 1, 2007.

1. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

thought I would share a pic of an scene i came up with today,,, I wanted to lay some track and kind of experiment with other things so this is it,,,,,,, nothing is weathered and it is nothing like I have seen on here but all in all it turned out pretty good,,,,also stuck a t-rex in it just for fun,,,, ,,, it is not a part of the layout, I just put it on a piece of foam to try a few things out,,,,,,

Attached Files:

2. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

one more pic,,, this one you can see the t-rex in the back ground,,,, you have to have fun with it , right,,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,, st

Attached Files:

3. viperman

viperman Active Member

Looks pretty good to me
  4. Seaboard

Seaboard Member

Hey thats a good start for a good lookin layout! Nice!
  5. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

I like it. Are you going to be able to incorporate it into your layout?
  6. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

thanks guys,,, Jim, this will not be part of the layout, but the buildings and water tower(which is not painted yet) will be,,,,, I just wanted to see if I could ballast the track and make it look half way right,,,,, then once i got started I couldnt stop,,,, ,,, cant wait to get started on the real deal,,,,,,hopefully next week sometime,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, st
  7. berraf

berraf Member

We all now know that you can ballast track and make it look really good. And the landscape, it´s really good too. Good job :thumb:
  8. Quinn222

Quinn222 Member

Looks good. I like the way you had your figures stop whatever they were doing to watch the train go by.
  9. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Nice effects! Looks great!
  10. kirkendale

kirkendale Member

sidetracked looks good, I do believe that the late great John Allen also had a t-rex lurking in the back ground,,, when asked about it his reply was that it lived there. sign1

11. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Looks really good. Nice work, now get started on your layout!:)
  12. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Nice job. Ballasting seems to be one of the harder parts of scenery and you've done well.
  13. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Actually, I think that it was a Stegosaurus, and it worked for the railroad on the maintenance of way gang. He had it numbered as No. 13, I think.
    Sidetracked, your diorama looks great!:thumb: And you are right: ya gotta have fun!!:D

14. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

"He just lives there",,,, thats great,,,,,this t-rex doesnt actually live there,,, he just came down out of the mountains for a little dinner,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,,, st

Attached Files:

15. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Dang! We lose more passengers that way! :)
  16. wickman

wickman Member

Looks great your buildings look very good I sure hope the big lizard dosen't fall over on them sign1
  17. LongIslandTom

LongIslandTom Member

I wonder if there is a DCC sound decoder for making Godzilla sounds. sign1
  18. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Reminds me of the movie I saw last night: Night at the Museum.
    BTW there is a model train in the film (briefly)
  19. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

ok,,, it is three in the morning and I cant sleep and am bored,, I think I have reached the end of the internet so thought I would post another pic,,,, this is the first attempt at a rock,,,,,, I also painted the rails ,,, ,,,, got a lot of the track laid tonight kinda how I want it but need to order a few more switches and a little track,,, may have some layout pics up before too long,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,,, st

Attached Files:

20. berraf

berraf Member

That rock sure is a steady one :wave:
    Beautifull work...